Do you remember the first time you used an iPad?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. It was more than a bigger version of the iPhone to me. It was a better browsing experience. Better media viewing. And a way to save battery on my iPhone by using my tablet more and phone less.

Williams_810

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
The first real time I used an iPad was when I purchased a first-gen iPad back in 2013. Loved the concept, even though I couldn't use it like how I could use my current iPad mini. It had iOS 5.1 on there, and even though it was still usable, I had to let it go because of how old it was. That said, I will miss it for how sleek its design was.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I remember and it was awesome. I also remember when the iPad was first announced and my initial thought was that the concept didn't make sense to me. Why would someone pay that much money for an oversized iPod? Well, I see why. Because the experience is unrivaled. I would take my iPad over any other device I own. If I could use it to make calls and regular SMS without an iPhone, I would only have the iPad.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
YES, I remember. There was a certain WOW factor in there somewhere and how did I ever go this long without owning an iPad....SMILE

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I remember and it was awesome. I also remember when the iPad was first announced and my initial thought was that the concept didn't make sense to me. Why would someone pay that much money for an oversized iPod? Well, I see why. Because the experience is unrivaled. I would take my iPad over any other device I own. If I could use it to make calls and regular SMS without an iPhone, I would only have the iPad.

Same reaction. Why would I want a big iPod touch that I can't even put in my pocket? This is one of those few times where Apple had an answer to a question I wasn't even asking. I love my iPad, and tablets in general now.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Same reaction. Why would I want a big iPod touch that I can't even put in my pocket? This is one of those few times where Apple had an answer to a question I wasn't even asking. I love my iPad, and tablets in general now.

That's the funny thing to me. I have had other tablets. I had a Nexus 7 and the LG G Pad. But I didn't really like either of them. It just wasn't the same to me. But I have always loved my iPad from the very first one. Same thing with my kids. When I bought my daughter and Android tablet she didn't like it much. But her iPad she never wanted to put down.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
That's the funny thing to me. I have had other tablets. I had a Nexus 7 and the LG G Pad. But I didn't really like either of them. It just wasn't the same to me. But I have always loved my iPad from the very first one. Same thing with my kids. When I bought my daughter and Android tablet she didn't like it much. But her iPad she never wanted to put down.

To me, there's very little difference between iOS and Android now where it concerns me. The one reason I prefer the iPad over Android tablets is typing. I can put the iPad in landscape and type on it like a normal keyboard. I'm almost as fast on it as I am on my MacBook Pro. I also have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and typing on it the same way is just a no-go. It has to be portrait and I'm just not nearly as fast.

The Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 has its perks, though. The main thing is its size. It's not as wide as the iPad mini, yet the screen is almost as tall as the full-sized iPad meaning videos in landscape are almost as big as they display on my iPad Air 2 with way less letterboxing, and the tablet can still just barely fit in most of my pockets which the iPad mini can't even do.

I thoroughly enjoy using both.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
To me, there's very little difference between iOS and Android now where it concerns me. The one reason I prefer the iPad over Android tablets is typing. I can put the iPad in landscape and type on it like a normal keyboard. I'm almost as fast on it as I am on my MacBook Pro. I also have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and typing on it the same way is just a no-go. It has to be portrait and I'm just not nearly as fast.

The Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 has its perks, though. The main thing is its size. It's not as wide as the iPad mini, yet the screen is almost as tall as the full-sized iPad meaning videos in landscape are almost as big as they display on my iPad Air 2 with way less letterboxing, and the tablet can still just barely fit in most of my pockets which the iPad mini can't even do.

I thoroughly enjoy using both.

I am with you about the typing on the iPad. I definitely prefer typing on the iPad over any other tablet. And I have also become very good with typing on it.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I put off getting a tablet for awhile. I just didn't think I'd use one very much. I had a brief stint with a BlackBerry Playbook in early 2012, but I only had that for about 4 months. Then around Christmas '13 I got the Nexus 7. I used that thing quite a bit for web surfing and various apps, and it was incredibly helpful when I took some classes during the summer of '14. It wasn't until then that I realized exactly how useful a tablet was. In August '14 I sold the Nexus and picked up my first iPad - the iPad Mini retina. I got it at the Apple Store in Kansas City's Country Club Plaza. My best friend went with me after we had brunch on the Plaza because he couldn't believe I was getting an Apple product (I've been a pretty big BlackBerry/Android fan). I completely fell in love, but I didn't have the mini for very long. In December '14 I filled up the little 16gb mini and realized I needed something with more storage. I traded in the Mini for my current 32gb iPad Air. I GREATLY prefer the bigger size and I use it every day. It came in very handy on a recent 2 week road trip (looking stuff up on trip advisor, maps, watching Netflix at night, etc). After using iPads for about a year now, I'm fairly certain I'm ready to move on from the Android world and get an iPhone for my next JUMP upgrade around Christmas :).

Robert Garnett

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I remember unpacking my very first apple product - the ipad 3 and thinking "I've spent all this money and they haven't even given me a user-guide!" After 30 years of Microsoft products I thought 'well this is going to be hard work without an instruction book'.

Of course, 5 minutes later I realised why there was no guide.

Our brains are already programmed at birth to use the ipad! Everything is intuitive and natural.
Now I'm completely sold on Apple (especially iPads) ever since.

Current Model Air 2, 64Gb, Wifi Space Grey. Brilliant!

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
My mom bought the very first iPad and I remember being amazed at how many things it could do! I was a hardcore BlackBerry user and the iPad was boring to me until I actually got to use it.

SoxfaninFL

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought the original iPad 32Gb with access to ATT cellular data. I still have it to this day. I simply use it now as an iPod to play my music or music on Pandora. I also use it to watch TV on my cable subscribers app.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My first iPad was the iPad 2. I still remember the day I unboxed it. Such a beautiful device. Used it for high school since I didn't own a laptop back then.

bamabeauty

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
My first was the iPad mini 2 and I was in love with it. Hated I got 16gb because I was storage stressing but loved it. Just gave that one to my mom and upgraded to the iPad Air 2 with 64gb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2