I put off getting a tablet for awhile. I just didn't think I'd use one very much. I had a brief stint with a BlackBerry Playbook in early 2012, but I only had that for about 4 months. Then around Christmas '13 I got the Nexus 7. I used that thing quite a bit for web surfing and various apps, and it was incredibly helpful when I took some classes during the summer of '14. It wasn't until then that I realized exactly how useful a tablet was. In August '14 I sold the Nexus and picked up my first iPad - the iPad Mini retina. I got it at the Apple Store in Kansas City's Country Club Plaza. My best friend went with me after we had brunch on the Plaza because he couldn't believe I was getting an Apple product (I've been a pretty big BlackBerry/Android fan). I completely fell in love, but I didn't have the mini for very long. In December '14 I filled up the little 16gb mini and realized I needed something with more storage. I traded in the Mini for my current 32gb iPad Air. I GREATLY prefer the bigger size and I use it every day. It came in very handy on a recent 2 week road trip (looking stuff up on trip advisor, maps, watching Netflix at night, etc). After using iPads for about a year now, I'm fairly certain I'm ready to move on from the Android world and get an iPhone for my next JUMP upgrade around Christmas .
    08-26-2015 12:28 PM
    I remember unpacking my very first apple product - the ipad 3 and thinking "I've spent all this money and they haven't even given me a user-guide!" After 30 years of Microsoft products I thought 'well this is going to be hard work without an instruction book'.

Of course, 5 minutes later I realised why there was no guide.

Our brains are already programmed at birth to use the ipad! Everything is intuitive and natural.
    Now I'm completely sold on Apple (especially iPads) ever since.

Current Model Air 2, 64Gb, Wifi Space Grey. Brilliant!
    08-31-2015 05:33 AM
    My mom bought the very first iPad and I remember being amazed at how many things it could do! I was a hardcore BlackBerry user and the iPad was boring to me until I actually got to use it.
    12-27-2015 05:24 PM
    Yes the original ipad .. I was simply amazed
    12-28-2015 12:35 AM
    I bought the original iPad 32Gb with access to ATT cellular data. I still have it to this day. I simply use it now as an iPod to play my music or music on Pandora. I also use it to watch TV on my cable subscribers app.
    12-29-2015 01:13 AM
    My first iPad was the iPad 2. I still remember the day I unboxed it. Such a beautiful device. Used it for high school since I didn't own a laptop back then.
    12-29-2015 08:21 PM
    I remember my first iPad. The original. It was a game changer.
    01-15-2016 10:33 PM
    My first was the iPad mini 2 and I was in love with it. Hated I got 16gb because I was storage stressing but loved it. Just gave that one to my mom and upgraded to the iPad Air 2 with 64gb.
    02-22-2016 10:43 PM
58 123