Do you remember the first time you used an iPad?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you remember the first time you used an iPad? I for one, was excited the first time I booted mine up. It was an incredible experience.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The first iPad that I bought was the iPad 2. I got the white one. It was actually a gift for my wife. My daughter who was two years old at the time was with me at the Apple store to buy one. She got her hands on it and fell in love. She was very angry with me when we finally left the store and she could no longer use the iPads that they had on display. My wife loved it. I ended up buying my daughter one too. I later got one from my job. Now, the two of them have iPad Minis and I have the iPad Air and Mini Retina.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I was back in central Florida at the time. When I got home and opened the box to turn on my brand new iPad 2, I was like a kid in a candy store. ...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say this but same here with my iPad 2 and it was worse when I got my mini Retina. I thought I was a kid again and was shocked on how cool the feeling was all over again.

applelex

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes my first iPad was an iPad air I got it a couple of days before Christmas.. I'm fairly late.. But I love this thing and can't imagine life without it.. I don't know how I did it before..

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
My first was an ipad3. I'm a cabbie in Glasgow Scotland so up until then I was using an iPhone to keep me occupied whilst on the ranks. I was getting lots of headaches looking at that small screen. A fellow cabbie suggested the ipad and I haven't looked back. It's the best thing I've ever bought, practically making my laptop redundant. I've upgraded now to an ipad air and frankly think its the best gadget ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ipad 1 I played with in best buy and I was amazed I bought a open item one shorty after to get a better deal .. I still remember the most amazing thing to me was google streets app

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
My work got me my first iPad. A 64GB original iPad. The start of a beautiful relationship.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The first time I truly used an iPad was a few months ago when I bought my Mini. Very much like the iPhones I was used to, but with a larger screen. I still use it quite often. But reading and videos on that larger screen was beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The first time I used a iPad was when I bought my iPad 2 in Sept 2011. At the time I had a Android phone and hadn't used a iDevice since late 2009.
It convinced me I had to go back to iOS for all things mobile.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My first iPad boot up was an iPad2 that I bought my wife for Christmas several years ago.
It was a surprise so I got to set it up for her when it was delivered shortly after that Thanksgiving.
I was so impressed I got an iPhone & an iPad for myself shortly after that.
Good Luck

JamesMc79

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
My first iPad was an iPad 3rd Gen. I had briefly played with a work mates 1st Gen but the day I opened my own I was like a child on Christmas morning. I now use an iPad 4th Gen with my 3rd Gen now being enjoyed by my wife (who I have also turned into an avid Apple user!). I cannot imagine life with my iPad, it has so many uses from web browsing to watching movies and TV to listening to music to playing games.

In fact, since becoming an iPad owner my poor iMac has found itself reduced to nothing more than a sync machine for when I need to load physical content stored on my external hard disks or do a restore when I fancy a fresh start on any of our devices.

On and hello from the newbie by the way!

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The original mini was my first tablet ever and I couldn't believe how good the experience of browsing the web was on it.

And now my PC never gets used unless I'm syncing iTunes lol.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

peterjmorgan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I picked up the original iPad in Belfast, a two weeks after it had first been released in the UK. I was holding off until I'd seen it in person — needless to say, once I'd held it, I had to have it.
This thing was complete science-fiction, everyone I showed it to was simply amazed. I honestly can't remember another product like it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My first iPad was the 3rd generation iPad. My wife bought it for me for Father's Day from our kids. I had never really given much consideration to a tablet. When I opened that box though and turned it on for the first time I thought it was awesome. I use it mostly for reading books and news but I love having it. I want a retina mini now to carry with me.

Sent using Tapatalk

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The first time I played with an iPad was in the Apple store when the iPad 2 came out. At that time I didn't know anyone with tablets and I really didn't have a need for it. It wasn't long before I convinced myself I needed it for reading and was back at the store buying one. I was on top of the world that day.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I was using a Blackberry Playbook to read my ebooks and then borrowed my son's iPad 2. I was a diehard Blackberry man and never thought much of the iPad, but loved it. Went out and bought him the 3 that had just came out and I kept his 2.

Now I am the one getting the new(I wait in line) iPad and he gets the hand me down. That way if the cycle stays at one every year we both have one that still has AppleCare on it.

Looking forward to the Air 2 in the fall even if it is only a refresh with more ram.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The first time I used an iPad was when I opened my 1st gen iPad I ordered in my local Apple Store less than a month after it launched. Because I owned an iPod Touch I knew what I was getting. I really enjoyed being one of the first to not only have the device, but to download apps that were made specifically for iPad: USA Today, New York Times, Washington Post, and others. During that time the selections were few, but I downloaded and still use some of those apps.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods