Do I really need an iPad since I already have an iPhone?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: To buy or not to buy

Depends on what you may need it for. When I got my iPad it was my main source for video entertainment. Netflix HBO GO and whatever's in my iTunes library. Then I got a Apple TV and that changed my iPad use. I mainly use it now to read music charts on gigs.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

I am just gonna get one to use at home instead of my iPhone all the time. But idk if that's a good reason or not. Gonna have to give it some more thought.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5S

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

If you will use it and enjoy it for a couple of years without it being a financial strain then I think you should already have it. The Air and rMini are excellent tablets, IMO.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes it does seem a little crazy because they are the same but my iPad is a good size for work that I want to do, games that I want to play, movies on the go and such.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
They serve two different purposes..

At first, I had the same thoughts...until I had them both. The iPad fits in between the phone & laptop or desktop. It serves as a bridge between the two.

Obviously, it's a bigger screen.. And the screen real estate it has provides better or quicker navigation. Especially with targeted apps geared for the iPad.

I would say you'll never know the difference until you actually use both.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iPad one purchase I do not regret. My iPhone for on the go. I can shut it down at home and pick up where I left off with iPad. Guess it depends on your needs and budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I BEN I

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a Mac and iPhone. The iPad doesn't serve me much purpose. But it's a personal preference

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I got my iPad 2 over two years ago it pretty much replaced my laptop which was a 1st Gen MBP.
Not in power but in function and also does thing the laptop couldn't.
Such as for my purpose reading sheet music. Which can be done on a laptop but the iPod is so much closer to sheets of paper than a laptop as far as touch screen functionality with turning pages
The iPad also took over mobile entertainment from my laptop.

So I think having a iPhone and iPad is not redundant it just depends on ones needs when being mobile.

The power of current Mac laptops replaces in some cases the need for a desktop or iMac.

One could have iPhone,Mac Book Pro and iPad or iPhone,IMac, iPad.
Just depends on needs of the individual.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2