Rant about charger

seanpr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I love how support for my iPad 1 was dropped years ago, and all of a sudden my charging cable is not supported. Really?

I just think its ridiculous to do this to a discontinued and unsupported product. Its not a safety issue, because the whole reason I bought this cord is because the original melted.

/end rant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Cheap, 3rd party manufactured cords can do that sometimes... Buy any that are Apple certified - even a certified 3rd party one, and everything will be fine.

seanpr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
This was the OEM cord.

8ydy9yne.jpg
I guess my problem is that this new cord has been working fine for months, was advertised as compatible (and it was) and all of a sudden apple decides I can't use it anymore. They don't care about anything else with my iPad 1.

seanpr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
OK for anyone else, I figured out a solution. You can plug in the charger, and it will say not compatible. Then turn off the device Leaving the charger plugged in. It will charge, you just don't get an indicator. If you try to unplug and re-plug in the cable the device turns on and says not compatible. So it has to be plugged in when device is turned off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods