There is so much official comparison info from Apple and i would suppose what really counts and that is the end user - the retail buyer once they buy the iPad of their choice and make their own decision on what they think that IMO really counts.

I included a link to the Apple comparisons for the all of the iPads along with your own and let everybody make up their own mind. I have a mini and have my opinion so now you make up yours and post it.
    iPad - Compare iPad Models - Apple Store (U.S.)
    11-28-2013 06:26 PM
    There is so much official comparison info from Apple and i would suppose what really counts and that is the end user - the retail buyer once they buy the iPad of their choice and make their own decision on what they think that IMO really counts.

I included a link to the Apple comparisons for the all of the iPads along with your own and let everybody make up their own mind. I have a mini and have my opinion so now you make up yours and post it.
    iPad - Compare iPad Models - Apple Store (U.S.)
    This is from the home iMore page. iPad Air vs Retina iPad mini: The decision! | iMore
    I think they're basically exactly the same on the inside. Only difference is size, which one you prefer is up to you.
    11-28-2013 08:41 PM
    http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/t...107-2x27w.html

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-lif...127-2y8ng.html

I had the first Mini and absolutely loved it, the principle reason being it's form, especially in terms of it's manageable weight. This was likely because our iPad3 was difficult to read lying in bed for example, for any extended time....I simply found it too heavy. It also hurt more when it hit me in the head when I dozed off! �� And yes, whilst I could see the differences in screen quality between the original Mini and iPad3, it's size and weight reductions more than made up for the display quality differences. And to me, that difference was more about the fidelity of imaging, not so much resolution. High definition images just didn't pop in the same way, and it seemed to be due to more than just image size......and actually, the reduced display size meant that it's lower resolution wasn't really the big issue I feel many made it out to be.

So, naturally, I was delighted to hear of the rMini.....as above, more because I was looking forward to the eye popping colour spectrum I saw on the iPad3 than any resolution improvement, but put the 2 together and this thing was going to be nirvana....cutting a long story short, on getting a couple of new rMinis, I was disappointed.....Personally, I didn't get the eye popping thrill that I did with the iPad3.....my wife on the other hand, having solely used the iPad3, loved the rMini and has kept it....

So I went and took a look at the Air. I hadn't realised it was a smaller, lighter, thinner version of the iPad3.....suddenly, all the reasons I had to get my first Mini were, in general, answered by the Air. And it DID have that eye popper thrill when viewing high definition images....so I returned my rMini and now have my Air. I love it to bits!

Summing up, the Mini's strengths are what they always were - great weight and ease of use making it a very transportable item. It's new display is also a big improvement. It is also clearly faster which is always welcome. The Air's strengths are exactly the same! And that is what makes this choice the conundrum it is, I think!

But for me, the gamut spectrum of the Air, near true sRGB, is why images pop - and along with it's much more manageable form, coupled with it's full size display, I make the Air a clear winner.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Scallops; 11-29-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    11-29-2013 02:21 AM
    Every time I participate in this discussion I mention the keyboards. I cannot type seriously on the iPad mini.It's too small to type effectively without a bunch if typos for me personally. The thing I hated about the iPad 4 was that it's way too heavy with my case on which made using it annoying. Now I use my air everyday and hold it like its a simple book. I did get a mini2 when it came out but had to return it after missing my air too much
    11-30-2013 07:58 PM
    Mini works great for me. Serious typing stuff calls for my beloved second gen MBA 13". Traveling and/or just need email and web surfing? Mini does that. Plus easier to hold for gaming! I do take an apple bt keyboard with me if I need to type much or journal on the mini.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-27-2013 12:50 AM
    I prefer iPad mini. I get the whole experience with the bigger screen...my fianc has the mini and it is nice, def. go retina with that though.
    12-27-2013 11:40 PM