Used IPad 7 no touch response

DarkHorse2

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I just bought a used iPad 7, I think the guy was up front with me, it didn't work and needed a new digitizer... I replaced the digitizer but there's still no touch screen response. I've updated to the most current firmware, I'm at a loss as to where to go next to get the screen to respond to touch. (the screen wasn't broken when I got it, everything looked great, but no touch) internally everything looks good to, no signs of any damage, hair, junk.... All nice and clean. I was told at time of purchase that he lost touch feature with a firmware update. So putting 2 & 2 together, not sure how he would know it needed a new digitizer as a result of that.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a used iPad 7, I think the guy was up front with me, it didn't work and needed a new digitizer... I replaced the digitizer but there's still no touch screen response. I've updated to the most current firmware, I'm at a loss as to where to go next to get the screen to respond to touch. (the screen wasn't broken when I got it, everything looked great, but no touch) internally everything looks good to, no signs of any damage, hair, junk.... All nice and clean. I was told at time of purchase that he lost touch feature with a firmware update. So putting 2 & 2 together, not sure how he would know it needed a new digitizer as a result of that.

I wish I could help, but I have no clue what to suggest to you. I just wanted to say hello and welcome to iMore.

DarkHorse2

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I guess I didn't really expect a positive response, still, I was optimistically hopeful. With no solid answers from ANYONE, (I've asked ALL OVER), I'm left doing my own diagnostics and I'm supposing it's the motherboard at this point. I've done everything else that I can think of or has been suggested by others update, restore, hard boot, soft boot....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73