Ipad 3 slipped over tub edge into water

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It was in a folio case. I grabbed it immediately. It didn’t fully submerge, and I took off the case. Its on. Should I do anything else? Also the screen was already cracked but has a glass screen protector over it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I always though putting a wet device in rice was a good idea, but I’ve just read several articles that discourages doing so. Apparently, silica gel (desiccant) is a better option. You can find it at places like Michael’s.

Last edited:

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Avoid turning the device on until completely dry. Shorting the electrical current can cause a lot of damage.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Avoid turning the device on until completely dry. Shorting the electrical current can cause a lot of damage.

It was charging so it idk if it’s the battery which I’m thinking might not be worth the expense but sometimes it goes down while charging. When it died I let it be. How long do you think until dry?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No I don’t think so, like Annie says above it’s now been proved that it’s not good to do it. Far better to use silica gel packs and keep it drying in a warm place.

Wait. There may be better solutions than rice, but that doesn’t mean rice isn’t a good option to consider….in my opinion, of course…;)

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wait. There may be better solutions that rice, but that doesn’t mean rice isn’t a good option to consider….in my opinion, of course…;)

I agree! I was really surprised when I read that "rice is bad". I even called my niece who has had several mishaps with her various iPhones, and she confirmed that she has used rice successfully on several occasions. I'm intrigued by this... I guess it's like everything else in this world... what is good one day is horrible the next. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73