My iPad 3 which is relegated to virtual lessons and reference during my percussionist’s practice is only displaying the apple. I can’t hard reset, I plug it in the same... WITW!
    09-30-2020 09:32 PM
    My iPad 3 which is relegated to virtual lessons and reference during my percussionist’s practice is only displaying the apple. I can’t hard reset, I plug it in the same... WITW!
    I am sorry to hear that, you have just prompted me to check mine,and apart from one or two apps that no longer work it is fine. There was an update a few months ago to 9:3:6, I don’t know if you did it, it took me many goes to make it happen. Have you tried turning it off, letting it rest while plugged in and then turning it on again ? Of course your battery may be done, but keep trying.
    10-02-2020 08:40 AM
    I am sorry to hear that, you have just prompted me to check mine,and apart from one or two apps that no longer work it is fine. There was an update a few months ago to 9:3:6, I don’t know if you did it, it took me many goes to make it happen. Have you tried turning it off, letting it rest while plugged in and then turning it on again ? Of course your battery may be done, but keep trying.
    I didn’t! I try turning it off but i get the apple! 🤦🏽*♀️ I tell the kids we have to turn it on in the am for lessons to check the battery and if it’s low charge it. If not then turn it off so if it’s not in use it’s turned off. I’m thinking a battery wouldn’t be worth it. I was looking at getting another one but I have an XR and the screens have gotten bigger over the years so I’d just stick to my phone. But I hate not to get *any* use of of it so I might change the battery. I’d have to price compare even getting an Air first Gen even. It would still be a major step up!
    10-02-2020 08:45 AM
    Are you turning it right off ? (hold down sleep button and then slide on screen slider to off If I remember correctly.). then leave it plugged in for a few hours and turn it on again. Use the most powerful charger and the newest cable you have.
    I think the Apple symbol only shows when the device is trying to open.
    PS I do not think you can change the battery on iPads.
    10-02-2020 10:21 AM
    Are you turning it right off ? (hold down sleep button and then slide on screen slider to off If I remember correctly.). then leave it plugged in for a few hours and turn it on again. Use the most powerful charger and the newest cable you have.
    I think the Apple symbol only shows when the device is trying to open.
    PS I do not think you can change the battery on iPads.
    I don’t even get the option to turn off just the apple. Right I remember when it powers up there’s the apple.
    10-02-2020 11:15 AM
    How did you get on ?
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    10-03-2020 07:05 AM
    How did you get on ?
    Ugh I have been busy but I need to try to get it going because percussion lessons are tomorrow!
    10-04-2020 11:25 AM
    Ugh I have been busy but I need to try to get it going because percussion lessons are tomorrow!
    Try charging the battery for about an hour and then put the iPad in recovery mode and then have iTunes/Finder reinstall the latest iOS version the device can take.
    10-04-2020 11:33 AM
    Try charging the battery for about an hour and then put the iPad in recovery mode and then have iTunes/Finder reinstall the latest iOS version the device can take.
    Will do! Thanks!
    10-04-2020 11:37 AM
    Will do! Thanks!
    You’re very welcome.
    10-04-2020 11:46 AM
    You’re very welcome.
    Weeeeeell....I got an error it couldn’t be update twice and so I did restore twice and it wouldn’t! 🤦🏽*♀️
    10-05-2020 04:25 PM
    Weeeeeell....I got an error it couldn’t be update twice and so I did restore twice and it wouldn’t! *
    Check your PM please....
    10-05-2020 05:44 PM