How can I move emails to the ARCHIVE folder?

ken jsav

Oct 26, 2018
Visit site
I have been working to reduce the spam to my wife's iPad and keep messages from accumulating on the server. Her iPad is only a couple or 3 years old, not sure the version but of course it gets periodic updates I guess. I have her settings for her main email account to delete messages from server when removed from Inbox, so of course she has to have a place, a folder, where to save certain vital emails and so get them out of the Inbox and thus deleted from the server. I notice her iPad already shows there is an "Archives" folder for emails. though perhaps it is not associated with any particular email account. But if I select an email from her Inbox and then click on the little folder icon, the ONLY places it offers to move the message is to Junk or to Trash. I am obviously missing something. I want certain emails stored in another folder for long-term safe keeping but not the Inbox and not on the ISP server either. I have as yet failed to figure out how to create a new folder particular to this main problem account; or I could just as easily avail use of that existing Archives folder shown if I could learn how. Can you please clue me in. Thank you.

ken jsav

Oct 26, 2018
Visit site
Re: tell me plz how to move emails to ARCHIVE folder

Ah! I thank you heartily! Just swipe left those emails to be archived and voila; I never would've guessed. Of course the iPad is the wife's machine -- had it been mine I would have learned all the basics ages ago. ;)