VPN which is compatible with IOS 9.3.5?

CarterUSM

Jan 30, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone recommend a VPN provider which is compatible with IOS 9.3.5?

I recently installed [redacted] on the grounds that it ticked most of the boxes I wanted from a VPN. Unfortunately, when I tried to download a programme from the BBC Iplayer on my tablet (on which IOS 9.3.5 is installed), I was unsuccessful.

I have investigated the possibility of installing the latest version of IOS on my tablet, but the option to do so is not appearing (I have followed the procedures as described by Apple and other websites, but every time I attempt to do so, the message ‘Your Ipad software is up to date, etc. etc…...’.)

(As an aside – a lot of new apps appear to be incompatible with IOS 9.3.5, which makes it doubly frustrating that I can’t upgrade. Apple’s cunning plan appears to be that they expect you to bear the expense of buying one of their new tablets).

As I cannot upgrade from IOS 9.3.5, I’m now looking for a VPN provider which is compatible with this OS. Can anyone make any suggestions, or offer any advice?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEric17

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I don’t think it’s an issue with the iOS. The bbc doesn’t allow downloads from abroad I believe and your VPN may be hiding which country you’re in. I have similar problems with other streaming services and you just need to turn the VPN off

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Although Apple has explained how secure its service will be, there is a problem of users needing to trust the system.

Hello and welcome to iMore! I am curious to know which "system" you are referring to. Also, When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although Apple has explained how secure its service will be, there is a problem of users needing to trust the system.

That’s true for any VPN and that’s why it’s important to use one that’s reputable.

Maxie01

Jul 1, 2022
Visit site
The "system" being referred too could very well be Apple itself! Shock horror. Take all precautions no matter the claims of security that are promised. As they say, there is always someone around the corner brighter than the current brightest! Any and all security, more the better!

Last edited:

Amari Di

Oct 26, 2022
Visit site
I'm using ExpressVPN on my MacBook for more then 5 years I guess. Haven't you tried it? I was also wondering if I can use the same subscription on both my MacBook and iPhone? Never tried it TBH

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234