Getting chucked out of games

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
I play games on my iPad but recently I'll be playing the game & all of a sudden I'll be chucked out & I'm then looking at my home screen. When I go back in to the game my iPad has to reload it from the beginning. Why is this happening & how can I stop it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would guess it's an issue with the app. Try deleting the app, then reinstalling it. If the issue persists, try reaching out to the developer. It may need an update. You could also leave a brief app review explaining the issue.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would guess it's an issue with the app. Try deleting the app, then reinstalling it. If the issue persists, try reaching out to the developer. It may need an update. You could also leave a brief app review explaining the issue.

Excellent advice! One question... have you updated to iOS 12.3?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

If you're recently updated to 12.3 there should be a lot of apps that need to be updated. Has these particular apps been updated?

I too and using the 2017 9.7" IPP and having no issues on any of the games I play.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I have. And I'm not having any issues. The only problem I'm having is I started getting the annoying iMore team emails again when someone posts on a thread I'm in. Can't figure how to turn it off. Not sure why iMore thinks we want those damn annoying emails!

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
I actually have the update to do on my iPad so will update & update any games/apps that need updating & see if I still get chucked out of my game.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not gonna lie. When I initially read the thread topic, I was like, “what the heck is ‘chucked out’?...(Laughing)

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
It’s started happening again. It’s happened twice today on the same part too. Seems to happen when I’m sharing things with my friends. Also another one of my games seems to crash/freeze if I load it from memory which started after I updated to iPadOS. So I’ve got 2 games which either crash/freeze & one kicks me out. How can I resolve this as it’s really annoying. Everything is up to date too.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It’s started happening again. It’s happened twice today on the same part too. Seems to happen when I’m sharing things with my friends. Also another one of my games seems to crash/freeze if I load it from memory which started after I updated to iPadOS. So I’ve got 2 games which either crash/freeze & one kicks me out. How can I resolve this as it’s really annoying. Everything is up to date too.

You could try a hard reset (press the power and home buttons down until the Apple Logo appears on the screen), see if that clears things up. I suspect, though, the best thing to try would be to "Erase all content and settings" and then set it up as new or restore from the backup.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Happened twice on what same part? And what happens when you share with friends? You mean in iMessage?

No not in iMessage. In my game animal crossing pocket camp I will be sharing butterflies with my friends then all of a sudden I’m looking at my home screen when I never exit the game. It hasn’t done it since I did a hard reset so I’m just hopping that has sorted it out.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Booted the game up today & got a notification from the developers about a bug while sharing with friends so looked like it’s a bug & not my iPad. Will be fixed in the next update.