Looking for a good clamshell type keyboard for my new Ipad?

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
I am picking up a new 128gb LTE ipad today. I want to get a clamshell keyboard to give it more of a mini laptop feel to it. Not a foldable case type one, but one that the ipad locks into and opens and closes like a laptop.

Thanks.

Well, recommendations for a keyboard case type case would be good too.!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Here’s one. I have not used it myself but it’s highly rated on Amazon and it slides out while still providing some protection. Pretty cool.

New Trent iPad Keyboard Case Airbender Star with Detachable Wireless Bluetooth Smart Keyboard for the Apple New iPad 6th Gen (2018), iPad 5th Gen (2017), iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Air & Air 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012BTCZ9...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3069094

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Went ahead and got the keyboard above, works great, keys good, magnets strong, sturdy on lap and desk, good to hold in book mode too surprisingly. Obviously heavier/thicker than just the $11 smart case/cover i had but not as bad as i thought. Outside feels good and protection wise should be good.
Only neg i would say is no back light but new that. Paid $109AUD here retail is $139.95.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Went ahead and got the keyboard above, works great, keys good, magnets strong, sturdy on lap and desk, good to hold in book mode too surprisingly. Obviously heavier/thicker than just the $11 smart case/cover i had but not as bad as i thought. Outside feels good and protection wise should be good.
Only neg i would say is no back light but new that. Paid $109AUD here retail is $139.95.

Thanks for the review.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
On my pro I have the Logitech and it has back light. It’s 12.9 size. I just got a couple of days ago thre 9.7. Unsure if will get one. Am using a stylus instead of fingers on the keyboard. It’s still an option and if I do will be another Logitech. Like it the best

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site