Does any 'bluetooth' s-pen work on the new Ipad 9.7 2017?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The only styli that work on a non-Pro iPad are capacitive sadly. They only register touch input. For the Pro model iPads I’m not entirely sure as I don’t know what technology Apple uses in the Apple Pencil.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that the Wacom will work on the iPad 5th gen (2017), particularly since it claims to work on iPhones, which also don't support the Apple Pencil.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
S-pens like Waccom Fineline series, can they be operative on the new Ipad 9.7 2017?

My understanding is that the Wacom will work on the iPad 5th gen (2017), particularly since it claims to work on iPhones, which also don't support the Apple Pencil.

Fair point, I went back and checked again on the Fineline Series, the Bamboo. Those particular styli should work without issue as they do use capacitive tips. Which is the key. You have digitizer and capacitive styli. The digitizer ones need a specific digitizer screen to work with, and this is how the Apple Pencil interacts with the iPad Pro’s and why it won’t work with other iPads or iPhones. Whereas a capacitive tip will work on all of them. The capacitive tips just replicate your finger. In short, yes the Bamboo Fineline should work with the 2017 iPad.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73