Do you have any iPad Tips or Tricks

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What to do when a button breaks? I've had my home button fail and I've had a volume button fail on me on iDevices in the past, and then "OMG what I'm I going to do?" "Expensive repair, or is there another option?" There's another option, and it's called the Accessibility settings! And a setting called AssistiveTouch, which puts a software home button/control button on your screen. It acts as a home button AND gives you access to just about anything you need to do on your device!

You can enable assistiveTouch in 2 ways. You can have it at the ready, IF your home button still works by going to Settings, General, Accessibility, then scroll all the way down to Accessibility Shortcut, and then check AssistiveTouch. THEN whenever you need the software button, just triple press your home button. Now if your home button itself is broken, you can STILL turn it on, and it can become your new home button. Go to Settings, General, Accessibility, AssistiveTouch, and toggle it to On.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What to do when a button breaks? I've had my home button fail and I've had a volume button fail on me on iDevices in the past, and then "OMG what I'm I going to do?" "Expensive repair, or is there another option?" There's another option, and it's called the Accessibility settings! And a setting called AssistiveTouch, which puts a software home button/control button on your screen. It acts as a home button AND gives you access to just about anything you need to do on your device!

You can enable assistiveTouch in 2 ways. You can have it at the ready, IF your home button still works by going to Settings, Geneneral, Accessibility, then scroll all the way down to Accessibility Shortcut, and then check AssistiveTouch. THEN whenever you need the software button, just triple press your home button. Now if your home button itself is broken, you can STILL turn it on, and it can become your new home button. Go to Settings, General, Accessibility, AssistiveTouch, and toggle it to On.

I use Assistive Touch a lot. I used to dismiss it, but I got where I leave it on screen now. I also use it to take screenshots. I moved the screenshot icon to the front menu for easier access.
29886cdc0d2f2d3aef2ff87fbedeabdf.png

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner