Who is picking up a new iPad

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: New iPad

IMHO, if Apple can keep developing more gadgets for me to buy, then I think they should go for it.

However, with that being said, my Pro still probably does more than I'm asking of it so I'm going to stay with it a while longer.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site

I actually like the new iPad. It's cheap yet still moderately powerful. I would just use it for content consumption. Especially for almost half the price of the pro?

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Bought an iPad Air 2 128GB version at Christmas time 2016 for $399.

Original iPad 2 is still chugging along after 5 years.

I see no reason to upgrade.

I'm biased towards Windows laptops for work due to specific software applications that aren't available on iOS or Macs for that matter. I supported Eve V on Indiegogo to replace my aging Surface Pro 3.

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site

I have an iPad Air 2 and the new iPad is pretty much same except the display and size, and processor. The cheaper iPad doesn't have laminated display, AR coating, and weighs (negligbly) more and is thicker.

I'm waiting for bezelless iPad pro (if they will release it this year) for upgrade:) but nonetheless the new iPad is a great entry point for those who don't have a tablet.

Snipperdo17

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Is this the new update? There's not going to be a new iPad? I've been waiting for them to release something new to upgrade my iPad Air 2 but this new iPad is basically the same exact thing

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Is this the new update? There's not going to be a new iPad? I've been waiting for them to release something new to upgrade my iPad Air 2 but this new iPad is basically the same exact thing

I was doing the same. Maybe if they'd upgraded the camera I'd be on board, but I think I'll wait and just upgrade to a Pro 9.7" when the opportunity arises.

selovell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I like that Apple consolidated the (non Pro) iPad lineup with the new "iPad". It is a good entry-level device for people that do not need the features of the iPad Pro models.

My wife has an iPad Air and this will be a perfect replacement. She uses it for social media, watching video on airplanes and at home when the does not want to be in front of the iMac. The features of the new iPad are an upgrade from her iPad Air. If she had an iPad Air 2, not sure it would be worth it.

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting till after the 10th Anniversary iPhone to make up my mind. I doubt a new 10.5" iPad, but just in case...

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Actually the screen construction is worse than the Air2 and is similar to the original iPad Air.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Who's picking one up or do you feel Apple should have just stayed with the Pro?

I think the iPad 9.7" definitely deserves a spot in the iPad lineup. Apple normally targets the premium market and with this iPad in the line up, It makes it a little more affordable. Could potentially allow for more customers :)

The only thing I'm not too happy about is the front facing camera. In 2017 we really should not be seeing devices with 1.2-megapixel cameras. Thats a little embarrassing.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think it's good for Apple to offer iPads at different levels of cost. Having a "lower cost" iPad available helps people who normally would not want to spend so much on a tablet.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
The lack of a laminated display is a deal breaker for me. My 1st gen iPad Air ended up getting dust underneath the glass near the volume buttons.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the iPad 9.7" definitely deserves a spot in the iPad lineup. Apple normally targets the premium market and with this iPad in the line up, It makes it a little more affordable. Could potentially allow for more customers :)

The only thing I'm not too happy about is the front facing camera. In 2017 we really should not be seeing devices with 1.2-megapixel cameras. Thats a little embarrassing.

Totally agree!!!!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about it. I have an original Air and only 32GB, I really need more space and the processor bump would help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR