Passcode erase attempts iPad 3

JohnBelle

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I need assistance with the passcode feature of the iPad 3: The "erase all data" setting of the passcode on the iPad 3 - do the TEN ATTEMPTS have to be in a ROW in order for the iPad to lock and erase all data, or does there simply need to be ten attempts over time.

My husband asked me this question because the iPad is now going out in public with him when he plays - he's a musician and I requested that he add the passcode. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I need assistance with the passcode feature of the iPad 3: The "erase all data" setting of the passcode on the iPad 3 - do the TEN ATTEMPTS have to be in a ROW in order for the iPad to lock and erase all data, or does there simply need to be ten attempts over time.
Yes, 10 failed attempts in a row just like it disables the device after 6 failed passcode attempts in a row.
My husband asked me this question because the iPad is now going out in public with him when he plays - he's a musician and I requested that he add the passcode. Thanks to everyone for your help.
You're very welcome...:)

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Last edited:

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
One successful unlock will reset the counter and you have another 10 consecutive fat fingered failures available before getting wiped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2