How long is it supposed to take for an iPad 2 to reset all settings?

I

iMore Question

I've had to reset all setting on my iPad 2 but for some reason it is not loading. I have restarted the iPad multiple times ( home button + power button) but it does not change a thing. It gets up to a tiny bit on the loading bar then stops. ( _----------------------------------------) <<<< Actual size. The underscore representing how much it has loaded!! After some time I figured it just needed about an hour to fully load. I checked back 2 HOURS LATER and there was no progress!! Can someone please tell me how to fix this if you can because I need my iPad for tomorrow urgently and I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

Thanks, Ayla

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Try putting your iPad into recover mode and using that to restore through iTunes. Your iPad 2 is an old device so it's going to take a while to restore but two hours is excessive. Let us know if you're still experiencing issues.

If you need help restoring through recovery mode, use this how-to article: How to put your iPhone or iPad into recovery mode | iMore

Ayla_04

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply but my iPad doesn't want to turn off which is the first step to do a recovery setup. It has been "loading" for 18 and a half hours but there is still no progress.

Ayla_04

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Update: My iPad has been frozen on the same thing with out progress for 52 hours!! Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to take this many hours.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Update: My iPad has been frozen on the same thing with out progress for 52 hours!! Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to take this many hours.

Reboot the iPad. The progress *should* pick up where it left off. If after a few minutes, there is no activity, press and hold both the home and power buttons until the device powers off. From there, put the device in DFU mode and restore via iTunes. Make sure the device is connected to the Internet and that you have a stable internet connection.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2