Why can't my daughters see my picture when I facetime them?

I

iMore Question

My daughters can't see my picture when I face time them

I have a iPad that is about 2 years old.l did a soft ware update sometime ago and I am wondering if it is down to that.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: My daughters can't see my picture when I face time them

Maybe you are making a Facetime Audio Call instead of a Video call.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! As ritesh said, make sure you are selecting FaceTime video, not audio. On a FaceTime video call you should also see a preview of your video feed in the corner of the screen. Can you see them? Have you tried FaceTime calling someone else to make sure it isn't your daughters' device?
b34d98f1aa61525c397258ff79bdd048.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

ericgodden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi,
I am making a video call and I have tried to face time all 3 of my daughters at different locations.none of them can see me and it shows them a message of poor connection.i have done all the checks with talktalk and download and upload speeds are good. I am only six feet from my router. Some times when I turn my camera around and then back they briefly see a picture of me.
Thanks.
Thanks

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My daughters can't see my picture when I face time them

Hi,
I am making a video call and I have tried to face time all 3 of my daughters at different locations.none of them can see me and it shows them a message of poor connection.i have done all the checks with talktalk and download and upload speeds are good. I am only six feet from my router. Some times when I turn my camera around and then back they briefly see a picture of me.
Thanks.
Thanks

It might be a software issue then. You might want to try the following:

1. If you haven't already, do a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo.

2. Turn FaceTime off, and the back on again.
6a36a92a4b943fdbe61c83080203c844.jpg

3. Restart your router. Unplug it, wait a minute, then plug it back in.

4. If the first three steps don't fix the problem a device restore might be in order. I recommend setting your iPad up as a new device. It's the most work but it gives you the cleanest installation.

ericgodden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi,
I have done the first three stages and tried to face time one of my daughters and it appeared not to have worked but we did learn that if I held my iPad horizontally then she could see me or the ceiling,as soon as I brought the iPad to about 30 degrees towards the vertical her plc true of me ended and she got the message poor connection and the picture would resume if the connection improved.i hope that made sense. Thanks.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Hi,
I have done the first three stages and tried to face time one of my daughters and it appeared not to have worked but we did learn that if I held my iPad horizontally then she could see me or the ceiling,as soon as I brought the iPad to about 30 degrees towards the vertical her plc true of me ended and she got the message poor connection and the picture would resume if the connection improved.i hope that made sense. Thanks.

Yeah I understand what you're saying. I can only assume that the issue is hardware related at this point unless someone else around the forum has any suggestions. I'm just pulling at straws now but have you tried using your iPad to make a FaceTime call from another wifi network (public wifi, office wifi, personal hotspot, etc.)? That would basically just weed out any possible issue between your iPad and your router, but I don't see how that would cause your connection to drop based on the angle of your device.

After that, I would contact Apple Support or bring it into an Apple Store. Unfortunately your iPad is out of warranty at this point unless you have AppleCare.

ericgodden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Good idea to try face time from another location/router. I will try that as as possible. I think you might be right about it being an hardware problem. Thanks for your time and if I get to correct the problem I will try and post..thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2