Cannot use certain apps like contact, notes and couple of games app after updating to iOS 9. How can I remedy this?

I

iMore Question

Cannot use certain apps like contact, notes and couple of games app after updating to iOS 9.

After I updated my iPad 3rd gen with iOS 9, some of my applications do not work on cellular LTE connection. I went in to setting and checked this app to use cellular data, but when I close setting, it again becomes faded. Apparently, the operating system is not allowing me use cellular data for these few apps. Please help to resolve this wierd kinda issue.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot use certain apps like contact, notes and couple of games app after updating to iOS 9.

After I updated my iPad 3rd gen with iOS 9, some of my applications do not work on cellular LTE connection. I went in to setting and checked this app to use cellular data, but when I close setting, it again becomes faded. Apparently, the operating system is not allowing me use cellular data for these few apps. Please help to resolve this wierd kinda issue.

Update to iOS 9.0.2, which was released earlier today. Among the fixes are:

This update contains bug fixes and improvements including:
  • Fixes an issue with the setting to turn on or off app cellular data usage
  • Resolves an issue that prevented iMessage activation for some users
  • Resolves an issue where an iCloud backup could be interrupted after starting a manual backup
  • Fixes an issue where the screen could incorrectly rotate when receiving notifications
  • Improves the stability of Podcasts