How can I fix my iPad 3 stuck in Connect to iTunes?

silenthill1337

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
iPad 3 Stuck in Connect to itunes

Hi guys,

I jailbroke my iPad 3 last year and it had 7.0.4 running. I didn't realize that 8.1.2 wasn't being signed anymore and I used the .ipsw file to update it on iTunes and now it is stuck in connect to iTunes screen. I can't restore or update it.

Does anyone have any advise how to restore it or update it? I am not bothered what version or if it will remained jailbroken.

Kindest thanks,

UPDATE: I've downloaded latest firmware but it says incombatible when I try restore using it

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPad 3 Stuck in Connect to itunes

1. Download the latest official; iOS version for the device manually.
2. Put the iPad in DFU mode and then direct iTunes to restore it via the .ipsw file you downloaded containing the latest iOS version for the device.
3. If the process fails, turn the device off, wait a moment, and then try again.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have tried the manual install and it says inconbatible

If you're certain you've downloaded the correct .ipsw version for your device, try again. It may take you several attempts, but it will restore. You may have to remove any previous .ipsw files and place them in the trash bin or a different folder before trying again with the current .ipsw file.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

What you do is to connect to iTunes, and let iTunes download the appropriate IPSW for your iPhone. Once download is done and while iPhone is still connected to your iTunes, iTunes will automatically proceeds with the installation. Follow onscreen instructions to finish installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

What you do is to connect to iTunes, and let iTunes download the appropriate IPSW for your iPhone. Once download is done and while iPhone is still connected to your iTunes, iTunes will automatically proceeds with the installation. Follow onscreen instructions to finish installation.

Typically, that's how it goes, but sometimes, it doesn't, especially if the phone has been jailbroken.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Since it's already showing "connect to iTunes" on the device, it should go fine. If it wasn't showing "the cable to connect on iTunes" then there will be a need to put the iPhone into DFU mode.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner