Why am I having wifi trouble on my iPad 3 after deleting Hotspot Shield?

Stephen Tiano

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
iPad 3 WiFi Trouble After Deleting Hotspot Shield

About three months ago, carrying bags of groceries and my iPad 3, I accidentally dropped the iPad 3 in my driveway. The screen has some cracks and I can see a tiny hole in one corner. But it cotinued to work flawlessly.

I had the free version of Hotspot Shield running on it for when I was on unprotected, public WiFi. It always prompted me to install a new profile when I went from unprotected WIFi away from home to my secure network at home, and vice versa. Recently, however, that whole process seemed to take longer, so I had the bright idea of deleting the Hotspot Shield app and reinstalling it from scratch.

What a nightmare that began! The VPN feature in settings constantly searches and every app, from the App Store to Email to Weather Channel to Trivia Crack gives me a "no Internet connection" message.

Oddly, when I go to the Facebook app it's as if Newsfeed items somehow break their way into the iPad, as I see new Newsfeed items but any links in them don't work and pictures don't appear.

Is it time to throw the damn thing out and get a new one? Can I somehow get control of the VPN spinning and spinning. and will that help?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73