Typical free RAM on iOS 5.1.1 iPad?

estabien

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
A couple of days ago I was given my mother's rapidly ageing iPad 1st generation. I am planning on using this device to take notes in class and of course the occasional Youtube visit.
I understand that it only has 256 megabytes of RAM, however I'm wondering how much free RAM you all have with all apps closed (save for an app to view the memory).

I've jailbroken this iPad, disabled several launch daemons, and deleted all language packs except for English, French, and Japanese (because, emojis). I am feeling a definite speed boost and little to no keyboard lag. However, I am simply curious as to how much RAM I've freed by tweaking it. I just freed up all memory using SBSettings and am sitting at 138 megabytes of RAM. With the notes app, 120 megabytes free. With Safari open and on the Google webpage, I have approximately 81 megabytes free. This is all according to the SBSettings option of having the amount of free memory next to the time.

Long story short, I'm curious if I've done a relatively good job with tweaking this iPad or not.

EDIT: I've also disabled some things in Springtomize and probably other small tweaks here and there.

estabien

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
It it works enough to accomplish what you want to accomplish, you're doing well...

I suppose so.
For the academic stuff, it's great. Although, there are times when I would like to use Tumblr or Facebook, and those apps can be crash happy.

Just realized I could access those things through a browser and have less crashes, hmmm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner