To stay nuud

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
New Nuud Lifeproof case for iPad 4, picked up a Zagg shield for it as well. Installed the case yesterday but have not installed the screen saver.

Should I?

I love the thing Nuud compared to having it wrapped in an Otterbox defender since new, just after launch, but am a bit scared running it without protection from my dusty environment. What are your thoughts and experience?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

UnlimitedEra

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Put it on, you will for sure get scratches if you don't have a screen protector on. Don't risk it, you have nothing to lose, you already bought it.

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, I gave in and just finished installing the Zagg, just couldn't stand the thought of any possible scratches on my device, never had one and don't want to start now, lol. So far looks and feels good, had a invisible shield on a Black Berry long ago when they first started to provide screen savers, it out lasted the berry and was still on it when it was replaced by verizon under warranty.

Sent from my iPad4 using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I never use screen protectors. They drive me crazy. When I use the nuud I do so without a screen protector

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Then he shouldn't have quoted my post.
Does the Nuud not need some sort of cover over the screen to be waterproof? I'm not talking about a built in screen protector. Doesn't it come with a stick on? I'm not familiar with the Nuud. If there is nothing at all on the screen, how is it waterproof?

Sent from from my iPhone 5

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Does the Nuud not need some sort of cover over the screen to be waterproof? I'm not talking about a built in screen protector. Doesn't it come with a stick on? I'm not familiar with the Nuud. If there is nothing at all on the screen, how is it waterproof?

Sent from from my iPhone 5

It's sealed with an extra o-ring that forms a tight waterproof seal on the glass

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You're not suppose to use screen protectors with lifeproof cases. It messed with the waterproof seal. Unless, like the phone cases, comes with a screen protector. It's cut out the size of the screen that's exposed.

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone nuud comes with a stick on screen protector, as stated, the case is water proof and has a extra seal around the screen. The iPad nuud does not come with a stick on screen protector but lifeproof sells the invisible Shield protector to use with the case. On my iPhone I use the included option, on my iPad I added the invisible Shield option.

I am currently experiencing touch screen issues that started to moment I installed the invisible shield on the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Agree, I hate to degrade it in anyway myself but I'm equally fearful the possible scratches I could get without the protection would degrade it permanently:(

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods