My home button seems to be less responsive.....

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I do have a Bodyguardz button over it. Maybe it's gotten gunked up? Is there anyway to clean it without taking off the button? I don't want to push down in a hole.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Explain less responsive and which iPhone do you have?

The more info you provide us will help in pinpointing your problem

The Home Button is designed to last a long time with proper use

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

This is posted in the iPad 3 forum so I'm guessing the OP is talking about an iPad not an iPhone.

As for the durability of the home button, I bought the original iPad a few days after it was released and that home button has been worked over by me, then my 12 year old and now by my 21 month old. It still works the way it did when I bought it.

Sent from my white 5s

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is posted in the iPad 3 forum so I'm guessing the OP is talking about an iPad not an iPhone.

As for the durability of the home button, I bought the original iPad a few days after it was released and that home button has been worked over by me, then my 12 year old and now by my 21 month old. It still works the way it did when I bought it.

Sent from my white 5s

Nice catch I totally missed that 😏

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think installing a button on it is going to hurt much. Just keep track of it once in awhile so that it won't stuck around the sides. Take it out if you have to.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I have to hit it multiple times to get it to function. And yes I have an ipad 3. 😊

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think installing a button on it is going to hurt much. Just keep track of it once in awhile so that it won't stuck around the sides. Take it out if you have to.

I wonder if the works might be gummed up. Using it doing everything...sitting using it eating.....I use it looking at Pinterest baking....I'm not thrilled to push down into an indention. Maybe it might need to be replaced at the very least. I was thinking I didn't have another one but this is black and my i5 is white and I have a Bodyguardz on both I might be able to do that and try. Now where did I put them....

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My iphone 4 did this once. Took it to the apple store and they cut it off and put a little rubbing alcohol on the tip of their finger rubbed it on the button and then pressed it a bunch of times and got the gunk out of it. Worked like a champ after that. Just remember to cut it off and use a little alcohol. You may have to do it a few times to get it back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Cut off an accessory button or the original? Do u have AppleCare? Funny I had to use alcohol for my BBs trackball.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative