Verizon 4G/LTE Model on T-Mobile

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When the iPad 3 came out I decided to go ahead and get it because I was in school and I didn't want to take my MacBook Pro with me to class everyday. The LTE model was perfect and at the time you could only choose between Verizon and AT&T (maybe Sprint too). After quick research we found out that the Verizon iPad was global and it would work on AT&T LTE as well as Verizon. I needed to be sure I could be free with my iPad in the long run, be it with Verizon or AT&T. T-Mobile upgraded their 3G/HSPA+ network earlier last year so I was able to start using T-Mobile since that is my phone carrier, instead of Verizon with their expensive, yet small data plan sizes. I was only receiving 3G (icon showing 3G) speeds, but now that I've upgraded to 7.0.4 a surprisingly new icon popped up, and that was 4G. I'm glad to see that on my iPad now. I never thought I'd see that upgrade.

Felt like sharing a story and at the same time letting you all know that Verizon's iPad 3 will work on T-Mobile's 4G network. I don't see an option for LTE and I'm not sure the bands actually support T-Mobile's LTE but I used the same APN that is used in my iPhone 5s, which is:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1390013492.386960.jpg

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA using iMore Forums mobile app

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
When the iPad 3 came out I decided to go ahead and get it because I was in school and I didn't want to take my MacBook Pro with me to class everyday. The LTE model was perfect and at the time you could only choose between Verizon and AT&T (maybe Sprint too). After quick research we found out that the Verizon iPad was global and it would work on AT&T LTE as well as Verizon. I needed to be sure I could be free with my iPad in the long run, be it with Verizon or AT&T. T-Mobile upgraded their 3G/HSPA+ network earlier last year so I was able to start using T-Mobile since that is my phone carrier, instead of Verizon with their expensive, yet small data plan sizes. I was only receiving 3G (icon showing 3G) speeds, but now that I've upgraded to 7.0.4 a surprisingly new icon popped up, and that was 4G. I'm glad to see that on my iPad now. I never thought I'd see that upgrade.

Felt like sharing a story and at the same time letting you all know that Verizon's iPad 3 will work on T-Mobile's 4G network. I don't see an option for LTE and I'm not sure the bands actually support T-Mobile's LTE but I used the same APN that is used in my iPhone 5s, which is:

View attachment 46245

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA using iMore Forums mobile app

If it was lte it would say lte ... I have my verizon ipad air on tmobile right now it ways lte ... What speeds you getting I know att a while back changed the icon as well. I hope you got more than a Icon with the upgrade

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
If it was lte it would say lte ... I have my verizon ipad air on tmobile right now it ways lte ... What speeds you getting I know att a while back changed the icon as well. I hope you got more than a Icon with the upgrade

The OP said he is using a Verizon iPad 3 on T-Mobile, as far as I know, the iPad 3 came in different models with different radios, whereas the iPad Air and rMini are all in one ("universal") radios.

I just got a T-Mobile sim for my Verizon iPad 3 and am also only getting 4G (HSPA) not LTE, but it fast enough for email/iMessage connectivity and its FREE!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234