iPad + an External Hard-drive

anon(1492514)

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I'm off travelling for a few months. I am likely not going to have internet for perhaps weeks at a time, however I will have a constant power supply. I have filled my iPad up with films and TV shows, but that won't last me until I'm back.

I want to be able to take an external Hard-drive with me so I can play off/transfer from that onto the iPad so I am able to take a lot more films and TV shows with me.

Do you know if I am able to do that?

Thanks for the help

P.S. I have an iPad 3.

P.P.S. As I say, I am going to have no internet, so I will need a hard-drive that will work completely with USB wires, rather than wireless transfer.

anon(1492514)

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You cannot connect a USB hard drive to an iPad. I'd look into getting a wifi enabled hard drive. These create their own local wifi network (no internet needed) and then you just connect the iPad to that wifi network. You then use the hard drive manufacturer's iPad app to view the contents of the hard drive, play videos, music etc.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any good quality wifi enabled harddrives to buy? I wouldn't know where to start.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR