transferring photos from a PC to my iPad

morgone

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello there. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, if not, then please send me on.

Just tried to transfer some photos from my PC to my iPad. I was using iTunes. I "sync'd" the folder on my PC to transfer and
it did, indeed, copy the photos onto the iPad. But, in the process it emptied out four "albums" on my iPad. It appears the "missing"
content is in a "iPad Photo Cache" folder that was created on the PC hard drive .

Two things: How do I move those photos BACK onto the iPad...preferably into their correct folders? And two, hold do I avoid
this from happening again?

This should be simple to do. Am I making it too difficult?

Thanks for any help to this Newbie provided!

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, first of all hello! and welcome to iMore.

Now, you could try restoring to the previous state, taking into account than iTunes usually makes a backup when you connect a device or before syncing (if you haven't changed the default settings).

Another thing you could try is: plug your device --> open iTunes --> Once it's detected by iTunes go to the information section (usually the first tab) --> check the option that says "manually manage files..." --> drag and drop the folder that has this cached photos into your iPad in iTunes --> sync.

Hope this works, and from now on don't forget to backup your device before syncing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW