Charging problems

Iosnation

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello people of iMore. I own an iPad 4. It is running iOS 7.0.2. I am having a problem on it. The problem is, when I sometimes plug it in and try to charge it, especially when the battery is below 5%, the iPad won't charge if I don't unplug and plug it for like 30 minutes. Also, (this happens every night to me) when I plug it in and try to charge it for the night, it won't go up to 100%. I have no idea why is this happening to me. Anyway guys, my iPad is running out of charge now. I'll catch you later.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using a different charging cable? Does it do the same thing if connected to a computer? If your iPad is less than a year old, make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them check it out to make sure the problem is not hardware-related.

Iosnation

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Try using a different cable. The same thing happened to me when my cable was going bad.

I bought another cable. Same story. @JustMe'D It won't charge when connected to a PC. It will with a Mac, which I don't have. And, no Genius Bars here because I don't live in the US.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought another cable. Same story. @JustMe'D It won't charge when connected to a PC. It will with a Mac, which I don't have. And, no Genius Bars here because I don't live in the US.
It's quite possible that a settings of some sort is corrupted. You could try going to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset All Settings" and then see how it goes for you. As a last resort, you may want to backup your device and then put it in DFU mode and restore it via iTunes.

Iosnation

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's quite possible that a settings of some sort is corrupted. You could try going to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset All Settings" and then see how it goes for you. As a last resort, you may want to backup your device and then put it in DFU mode and restore it via iTunes.
I didn't have to do that. I got another cable for $30, and it works! Yeah!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner