iPad 4 and iOS 7 - Are these things possible?

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I recently purchased an iPad and, of course, recently updated to iOS 7. Also, I'm mostly and Android user, so let's get that out of the way hehe (and it might help you understand why I want to do what I want to do). So, there are a few things that I find annoying and I was wondering if you guys, with more experience, could help me figure out if it's possible or not:

1) Notifications on the lockscreen. So, I want to be able to access my notification bar from the lockscreen but NOT have every notification show up in that list on top of the lockscreen. The only way I've found so far is to go into each app's setting for notifications and change that. But what will happen when I isntall a bunch of apps and I forget to change those settings? Which brings me to my next question...

2) Is it possible to change the notification behavior for apps ALL AT ONCE?! Don't know about you, but I find it dumb that you have to change everything individually (although I appreciate the fact that you CAN do that for every individual app, but I still feel there should be a 'general option' or something).

3) Speaking of ways to do things in bulk... is there any way I can clear all my notifications at once from the drop-down bar? More often than not, I've already checked my notifications on my phone, but they're usually still there on my iPad... Instead of going app by app clearing their notifications, I'd like a way to just say 'OK, just mark everything as read'. My phone has it, even old e-mail clients have it, can't fathom why it's not available here :(

BTW: For question number 1, I've actually tried disabling notification bar access from the lockscreen because that will give you more privacy, rigth? Wrong! You can't access the notification bar but you can still see the notification list on top of the lockscreen! ??' THAT'S what I want to get rid of...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore... Answers inline :)

1) Notifications on the lockscreen. So, I want to be able to access my notification bar from the lockscreen but NOT have every notification show up in that list on top of the lockscreen. The only way I've found so far is to go into each app's setting for notifications and change that. But what will happen when I isntall a bunch of apps and I forget to change those settings? Which brings me to my next question...

In the Notification settings you need to turn off the apps you do not want to show up in Notification center, the way you are doing it is correct.

2) Is it possible to change the notification behavior for apps ALL AT ONCE?! Don't know about you, but I find it dumb that you have to change everything individually (although I appreciate the fact that you CAN do that for every individual app, but I still feel there should be a 'general option' or something).

You can't update notification options globally other than if you want notification center to show up or not, but not per app.

3) Speaking of ways to do things in bulk... is there any way I can clear all my notifications at once from the drop-down bar? More often than not, I've already checked my notifications on my phone, but they're usually still there on my iPad... Instead of going app by app clearing their notifications, I'd like a way to just say 'OK, just mark everything as read'. My phone has it, even old e-mail clients have it, can't fathom why it's not available here :(

You can not clear them all at once. Only option is to hit the close button on each group of notifications

BTW: For question number 1, I've actually tried disabling notification bar access from the lockscreen because that will give you more privacy, rigth? Wrong! You can't access the notification bar but you can still see the notification list on top of the lockscreen! ??' THAT'S what I want to get rid of...

For this to work you need to turn off "show on lockscreen" for the apps you don't want to show up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW