Ipad is eating my memory

eliised

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday i checked there was 11 gig free memory but today there was 9.8 only! I haven't downloaded any apps today. So i deleted couple of games and it was still the same. The biggest app is facebook and it takes only 107 mb, the other 7 apps are less than 100 mb. I haven't upgraded to ios 7.0.2 yet because i hate it but i don't think it is related to my problem! I just don't get where this memory has gone to.. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language and i'm really hapy if anyone can tell me what i have to do to have my memory back! :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Try rebooting your phone, or syncing with iTunes. That may be diagnostic data that iTunes will remove, or stuck things a reboot can fix.

Epic Tutorials

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Also it is worth going to Settings > General > Usage and checking your app document size. Sometimes this can be responsible in huge jumps in memory usage. I have had a few cases where an app that should be under 20MB had ballooned out to over 500MB. A delete and reinstall of the problem app worked wonders.

Last edited:

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Also it is worth going to Settings > General > Usage and checking your app document size. Sometimes this can be responsible in huge jumps in memory usage. I have had a few cases where an app that should be under 20MB had ballooned out to over 500MB. A delete and reinstall of the problem app worked wonders.

What he said. Apps can cache more data over time, ballooning in used storage space.

Also, a few rudimentary questions:

- have you been sharing or receiving lots of pics or videos via the messaging app lately (iMessage or otherwise)? Those can take storage
- any new images/videos on your camera roll or Photostream (via iPhone pics) lately?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox