IPad force closing apps?!!!

JetJock79

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 with the most current software (6.1.3). I noticed that it has been force closing a lot of apps if I use them for a while. What's going on with her?! What I thought might have been a slow Internet connection, I'm now seeing that it might be the iPad just getting slower. I'm more of a windows/android guy, so is there something that I can do to "refresh" my iPad and get her working fast again?could this possibly be a virus? Side note: after using safari.....I always clear history and cache; also clear all apps running in the background; never turn the iPad off.....just always on sleep mode. Thanks for any help or ideas!!!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Are you jailbroken?? If so, it may be a tweak that you installed that's not compatible causing the crash. If not, try to reboot the ipad to see if that helps.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
iOS doesn't multitask the way android does.. so only music apps have the api to run in the background. so closing apps wouldnt be of much use.
but u could try and force close all the apps and the hard reboot the device i.e press lock button and the home button at the same time until the iPad turns off and then turn it back on.
i have never heard of anyone on the iOS side getting a virus in my last 4 years with this OS.

JetJock79

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not jail broken at all. If force closing the apps is done by long pressing home button, then hitting the "x" on the shaking icons on the bottom of the screen,.......then that's what I do already. I never hard reboot my iPad though. Should that be something I do every once in a while?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Doing a full shut off then restart when it's acting flaky isn't a bad thing to do... the other is make sure you're up to date with the latest iOS available for the iPad2... issues you see with apps may be that as some apps get updated for iOS7 compatibility may inadvertently cause issues with older device/iOS version combos.

JetJock79

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry.....double pressing home button.....not long pressing. So I guess 6.1.3 is the best the iPad will ever get as far as iOs's? I thought Apple updated their entire fleet of devices together....unlike Android? Just did a hard reboot.......only time will tell now if that helped. I appreciate everyone's input so far!!

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry.....double pressing home button.....not long pressing. So I guess 6.1.3 is the best the iPad will ever get as far as iOs's? I thought Apple updated their entire fleet of devices together....unlike Android? Just did a hard reboot.......only time will tell now if that helped. I appreciate everyone's input so far!!

iPad 2 will get iOS 7, but i don't think it will get iOS 8 or further. its doesn't make sense as iPad 2 is an old hardware now. and 2 years from now it will get older. and they way things go on the tech area, companies don't keep latest software on a old hardware.

lauranrobson912

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I think ios 7 isn't working good for everyone, Atleast i don't like it so i reverted back to my old version which is working fine with me i am not getting any force close problems. It can be a problem of your own ipad you can Get the best Deals on Ipads.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro