How many of you bought the MINI and came back to the Ipad 4 and why?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Today at work someone came in with a new iPad 4 and while I do love my Mini, I really made me miss the Retina display of the iPad 3 and 4. Did get me thinking about selling my Mini and getting the 4 till the 5 or Mini 2 comes out. I would miss the smaller size of the Mini though when it comes to reading in bed at night.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have both and use my iPad 4 a lot more. Bigger and nice screen is the main reason. The weight difference is very noticeable, but I find ways to make do (either by propping it up or using two hands, etc.). If the iPad 5 cuts the weight significantly as rumors seem to suggest, I'll definitely pick it up. An iPad 5 under or around 1 lb would be great.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I looked at both and I just liked the larger size and faster processor on the iPad 4. The retina display didn't even factor into my decision. I just like the larger screen. My iPhone is a perfect small screen and the iPad 4 is a great larger device. I don't see a need for a screen between the two. The full size is plenty portable.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I went back to the iPad 4 from an iPad Mini because I use it as a laptop replacement. The mini's screen was too small/low res for me to use things like Parallels and take notes in meetings at work (smaller screen = smaller keyboard). I'm also a cord cutter so I really use my iPad for a lot of video. The higher res, bigger screen is just better in these situations. I also had a lot of problems with missed touch targets on the mini. I fat fingered things more often than not on the mini. It was better when used it horizontally but I don't like using safari in landscape.

For reading and games though the mini was amazing. I'm REALLY hoping the iPad 5th Gen cuts the bezel down and that can trim some of the weight. That would be the best of both worlds IMO.

Mafiatounes

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Although i like the Mini (my brother has one) i will stay with the 4 it has the better screen and more grunt. I do like the smaller bezels of the mini and hope that the next version has a retina screen with better specs otherwise i will keep my 4.

Sent From The One

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the mini and I do like it. The smaller size seems awesome for reading books or taking it with you places. But I like the bigger screen on the iPad 4 because I like to type on the keyboard like on a laptop. It is a lot faster than thumb typing on the iPad mini for me. Having the extra real estate really makes a difference with web browsing and watching movies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal