iPad protection plans (Best Buy or Apple)

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Bought an iPad 4 64gb today at Best Buy. I have AppleCare for my 4s but haven't used it.

Best Buy has a set of tiered protection plans that , on the surface, sound competitive with AppleCare. During his sales pitch the BB employee said AppleCare had a $50 deductible which I guess I've forgotten about.

Anyone compared these plans themselves? Anyone tried the BB route?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the BB plan a long time ago but for the 5th gen iPod so not expensive and not an iPhone or iPad 4 so this is just my opinion. I have AppleCare + on my 4S and i have never had to use it since Dec. 2011 which is a good thing. Getting back to your question my own take is that I would opt for AppleCare + for it and yes it does have a deduct and it is $49.95 for iPhone for 2 incidents. Don't know if same deduct for the iPad. Call Apple up and ask and if you are good with their answers I would jump on it now. you have 30 days. That's just me. Enjoy the new iPad.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Bought an iPad 4 64gb today at Best Buy. I have AppleCare for my 4s but haven't used it.

Best Buy has a set of tiered protection plans that , on the surface, sound competitive with AppleCare. During his sales pitch the BB employee said AppleCare had a $50 deductible which I guess I've forgotten about.

Anyone compared these plans themselves? Anyone tried the BB route?
You might also wish to read this that a Mod on our forul posted for just this kind of question.

http://forums.imore.com/mac-peripherals/255579-applecare-protection-plan.html

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I've always used AppleCare+. I like the benefits and working with Apple is flawless. Sometimes working with Best Buy sounds easy, but turns out to be a huge hassle.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've always used AppleCare+. I like the benefits and working with Apple is flawless. Sometimes working with Best Buy sounds easy, but turns out to be a huge hassle.

Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This is how it was told to me, by a Manager at Best Buy, I may add.

Apple store employees and Apple Care is in business to help customers. They have trained employees who are experts on their products and their priority is to help you with your issue.

Best Buy employees are mostly have little or no knowledge of the products they are selling. Their goal is to sell as many of Best Buy's products and services as they can. They don't benefit from helping you, so they don't try very hard.

This is my experience, and coming from an actual Best Buy employee, I think it's normal way they do business.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This is how it was told to me, by a Manager at Best Buy, I may add.

Apple store employees and Apple Care is in business to help customers. They have trained employees who are experts on their products and their priority is to help you with your issue.

Best Buy employees are mostly have little or no knowledge of the products they are selling. Their goal is to sell as many of Best Buy's products and services as they can. They don't benefit from helping you, so they don't try very hard.

This is my experience, and coming from an actual Best Buy employee, I think it's normal way they do business.

Sounds about right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I've always purchased AppleCare with my Apple products but have only needed it once. As stated, AppleCare is a better option as they have the expertise for your product regardless if you use it or not.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And I've always used SquareTrade. They offer plans that are a little cheaper than AppleCare and you can buy a plan with no deductible. Hit the link in my sig and compare those as well. I warranty everything with them and have used them in the past. SquareTrade also lets you simply take your warranty to Apple for repair or replacement. Can't beat it.

tazz007

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
SquareTrade is good i got that when i got my transformer and if you sell the tablet you can transfer the SquareTrade warrnty to the new owner.last year when i was going to buy the tablet at best buy
i had my credit card out ready to pay for it but the worker busted my shoes about geting a warrnty
i told him to stick the tablet up his **** lol. i called best buy head quarters and they sent me a 35 dollar gift card
i hope this time they dont say any thing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro