Does it matter where you buy the WiFi only iPad from?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
The price is always the same no matter where you buy from, right? I guess I could try to find it online so I wouldn't pay sales tax, but other than that, the price is always the same, right?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The price is always the same no matter where you buy from, right? I guess I could try to find it online so I wouldn't pay sales tax, but other than that, the price is always the same, right?
Some places like Sam's Club are about $3.00 - $4.00 off retail which is nothing but if NEW being the key word it is normally going to be retail as Apple sells it unless a private buyer is trying to get rid of a new or lightly used one. Otherwise it makes no difference where you buy it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try the Apple Refurb section on the AppleStore web site. Decent discounts. And if you have a BestBuy close, sometimes there are opportunities to get some deals there too.

tazz007

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I would buy a refurb from the apple store before an open box return from best buy.but thats just me i wonder if best buy would price match walmarts mini price

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All Apple products are usually kept on a tight 'price regulation' (they actually increased the price of the iPad in Japan when it started losing parity to the USDollar) if bought from the official retailers. You can, however, find better deals online from stores that bought a wholesale batch and start selling those iPads at a lower price than at retail. Or by getting special promotions or buying them while abroad and in a country that offers tax returns to tourists.

Since all iPads are built in the same factory and just shipped worldwide, it doesn't really matter where you buy one AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GET THE 3G/4G MODEL. Then you do need to take into account which cellphone bands it uses or it might not be compatible with whatever is available in your country. But if you get the WiFi model, you should be fine.

Like me, for instance, I got the 128GB model at the price point of a 64GB one. How? Visa promotion at Yodabashi Camera Tokyo where they offered 5% off if you used your Visa card to pay, and also 5% tax return from the store because I'm a foreigner. 10% total discount in the end. :) For instance, if I were to buy a few of those here, I could go back to the US, sell those at a 5% lower price than retail and still gain 5% off the sale.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR