Should I Get My Mom an iPad 4 for Mother's Day or Wait Until Christmas?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Basically what I want to know is how much more advanced do you think the iPad 5 that will be released at the end of 2013 will be compared to the iPad 4?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I think going with the 4 is a solid choice. The 5 is most likely still 5-6 months away. The big improvements coming this year will be on the iPad mini. It's a safe bet and solid choice to go with the best current iPad available.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Depends in what you going your mom is going to use it for. In all likelihood, the 4 or even the iPad 2 would be plenty for her.
I think it all depends on what the advances are. Any rumors out there?

Siri is HUGE for her for her iPhone. Without Siri, she wouldn't be able to text. Better displays are important for her, too. Speed, too.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
There are no apps out there that need more power than the 4 has to offer. I don't think the screen will get any better-it's already fantastic.

The rumors on the 5 are more on the body and shell (more like the mini) than the processor or RAM although it will undoubtedly increase as well.
I haven't looked at the mini because it is too small for her. What are the advance in the mini?

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Im going to say to wait for Christmas.

Largely because I'm all for giving gifts to your mother, but an iPad for mothers day is a bit excessive.

Spend the day with her, take her our for lunch, buy her some flowers. That should suffice

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Im going to say to wait for Christmas.

Largely because I'm all for giving gifts to your mother, but an iPad for mothers day is a bit excessive.

Spend the day with her, take her our for lunch, buy her some flowers. That should suffice
we do go to brunch or dinner on mother's day but we give gifts, too. I was going to split it with my sister and brother.

johnsmith02

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think ipad5 will be much advance then the ipad 4. But some new applications and processor layout can be changed in ipad5, and there is no more possibilities that it will release in end of 2013. so i think you should go for ipad 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro