iPad 4(iOS6.1) vs Laptop(Win8)

Punkmilitia

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I made a comparison chart last year comparing iPad 3 to my laptop. A year later with the new iPad 4 and I thought I should update the chart, so here it goes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360844086.800792.jpg
Feel free to suggest other things to add to the chart or say your opinions.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would never compare a laptop to a tablet.

Any decent spec laptop will blow away an iPad in most things, don't get me wrong i love my iPad but a laptop is better unless a cheap and really low spec.

Also my MacBook Pro retina has a higher res screen then the iPad. I'm sure some windows laptops are close but they are bigger screens.

A better comparison would be to compare the iPad to windows 8 tablets.

Punkmilitia

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I would never compare a laptop to a tablet.

Any decent spec laptop will blow away an iPad in most things, don't get me wrong i love my iPad but a laptop is better unless a cheap and really low spec.

Also my MacBook Pro retina has a higher res screen then the iPad. I'm sure some windows laptops are close but they are bigger screens.

A better comparison would be to compare the iPad to windows 8 tablets.

Good point about comparing it to a windows tab. I'm sorry if I didn't mention it n the earlier thread but this is a follow up to an old thread I made before windows tabs were even heard off and the only thing available in portable form was windows laptops. For reference - even though Tablets and Laptops are different there will always be people out there choosing between the two and that is where this little chart helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It's a great table. How about adding two categories? Media entertainment and productivity? A great question for it to answer would be, under which circumstances is the laptop better? If you need advanced keyboard use, laptops win hands down... Mac or PC. Many people buy and iPad and then realize this afterwards.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it someone owns a laptop then buying the tablet after might be the wrong way to go.

I might use my iPad more if I didn't know how much more efficient I am with my macbook.

I do appreciate the table.

johnsmith02

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion it depends upon the user requirement that what he wants. ipad is good as it is lighter than laptop and easy to carry, but in laptop you can approximately perform the entire task which you want to perform in the ipad. If you want an appliance only for the net browsing, playing games, then ipad is perfect. But if anyone have work on Microsoft word, or have some typing work then laptop is good option. And also laptop offer a big screen, net browsing, and playing games options.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The great thing about my iPad 4 128GB LTE on Verizon is I have tons of storage for my work and presentations with clients, and I don't have to take my laptop when I don't need to. But I do have a Win8 laptop with dual 750GB HDD and Blu-Ray player and 16GB of RAM so I can keep everything and the kitchen sink with me on that for road work plugged in the car (17.3" screen too).