Puzzled with data usage

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm at a loss on why my data usage has more than tripled using my iPad 4 over the Motorola Xoom I was using. I don't do anything other than browse the Internet and download a few apps once in a while yet based on my normal tethered usage to my cell phone via the hotspot my iPad is constantly using 3 times more data usage over the Xoom. Why is this so when both tablets are being used for the same purpose?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The problem is we can't really help data usage is a cell service issue and may be something that apple has to fix there is no magic switch that you click to use less data try a hard reboot or restore it as new that's about all we can say

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow 261 views and one reply I thought this was an apple community where your hereto help those solve issues?

You make it seems as if people here are being paid to sit around and wait to assist with the problems others are having. That, my friend, is not the case. We all have family, events, jobs and other things we have to do or want to do that has nothing to do with iMore. Furthermore, just because 200+ people view your post, it doesn't mean that they know or knew the answer to help you. From what I gather, your complaint is more than likely with your service provider. Of course, i have no proof and am not a service technician. Anyway, call them again and get an analysis of your data habits prior to getting your device and then have them compare it with your current usage, especially in regard to LTE.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The problem is we can't trust the data charges we get hit with. There is no real proof other than the data counter that iOS includes. You could check that on a daily basis or match it against what VZW account says online. Now that we have LTE it seems our data has jumped by 4GB a month at our house and I know that is not normal. I don't surf or d/l or view anything more than I normally did, my wife does a bit more but not 4GB worth. I don't trust their counters.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner