Bucking the trend and bought an iPad 3!

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
For about the same dollar amount, I had a choice of a 16G iPad 4 or a 32G iPad 3. I went with the 3. My mindset was (after posting on the 4 forum( was that double the memory beat out a slightly slower chipset and a worse facetime camera.

What do all my comrades here in the 3 forum think. Did I make a great call, or did I miss the boat?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As long as you can use it to do the things you want to do, and you are satisfied with performance - then you made a good call and didn't miss the boat - you just got on a different boat. :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I went thru the same problem couldn't decide but I seen the iPad 4 available at my apple store I couldn't resist I walked out with a 16 gig Verizon 4g model
I upgraded from the iPad 2 wifi I did lose some space because my 2 is 64 GB but I honestly never really used maybe more than half so I am able to manage and I would rather have the 4g access

But I think either way they are pretty similar and can't go wrong really

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I agree. It makes a lot of sense to actually buy an ipad 3 at refurb cost. I can pay 599 for a 32gb LTE ipad 3 (verizon) or 729 for an ipad 4 32gb LTE. I already have accessories for it such as camera connector, hdmi adaptor, back case. That's what..60 more dollars?

Before pulling the trigger, I'm going to call Verizon and try to see if they'll match the 100 off like AT&T is doing... I don't care about contracts since I wouldn't buy an LTE device and not have a plan active on it.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I bought an iPad 3 last week. Although I am a gadget-y person and love to have the latest/greatest, I wanted a model with cellular capability, and I already carry around enough different types of adapters, etc. Although I like the lightning connector concept, everything I have is based on the legacy connection. I don't do high end gaming, and if the performance matches my iPad 2, I hope I'll be OK with that for another year or two when I can upgrade all my devices to the newer adapter.

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Allin all, I am very happy with my "3". Paired with the Kensington keyboard, I am thrilled with how this integrates with my 4S, and how I can connect everything in my life together. I am in heaven. Am very glad that I went with the bigger memory. Looking forward to adding apps, and making this both a personal enjoyment tool and a business tool.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Allin all, I am very happy with my "3". Paired with the Kensington keyboard, I am thrilled with how this integrates with my 4S, and how I can connect everything in my life together. I am in heaven. Am very glad that I went with the bigger memory. Looking forward to adding apps, and making this both a personal enjoyment tool and a business tool.

Love the screen I came from a 2 lol
I don't notice a big speed diff only really when loading big apps

I seen a mini and even knowing its the same as the 2 it looks better on the mini .. I bought one of those too for my wife will be here Monday then I can really compare side by side lol

GlennRuss

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the three, and have no problems reference speed. I am not a big gamer, so not an issue for me. I never had an iPad, and when the new iPad came out, I bought it from the Apple App store. My only concern, when will Apple stop supporting the new iPad with updates, or you only get partial updates.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the three, and have no problems reference speed. I am not a big gamer, so not an issue for me. I never had an iPad, and when the new iPad came out, I bought it from the Apple App store. My only concern, when will Apple stop supporting the new iPad with updates, or you only get partial updates.

My guess is you will be ok for a while the 3 and 4 are basically the same hardware wise only diff is processor speed ..
Looking back ipad 2 has full feature except Siri right now ipad 1 got retired at when iOS 6 came so I would say you will get full updates for atleast a couple years .. I would guess iOS 8 or so you might see a feature or two you won't get

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2