Very difficult decision now

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPad 3 which I purchased on October 13. I returned it so I can get a "4". However, a co-worker of mine got the mini today
and I like the size very much since I commute to work via train. Size-wise the mini makes sense but I like the speed and retina of the "4".
Now, its a tough decision. How does everyone feel about the mini vs. "4" ????

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I picked up a mini today to fill the void between my iPhone5 and the iPad4. I like to read and the mini is the perfect form factor for that. Plus it does fit perfect in my breast pocket of my jacket so I can easily take it with me.

Since you commute a lot, I would say go for the mini. The retina display is nice, but the mini's display is not horrible.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the iPad 4 which arrived today. I previously had the iPad 2 which I sold. While I really like the retina display and snappiness of the 4 I wanted to check out the mini based on the reviews. I went to the Apple Store today to play with the mini and I have to say I was impressed with it. I never really cared for the smaller tablets but Apple did a good job here with the 4:3 aspect ratio and more screen real estate than other 7 inch tablets. The build quality and feel of the mini is great. I personally did not have an issue with the screen resolution especially coming from the iPad 2. I will probably purchase one this week and use the 14 days to make a decision on which one to keep.

Last edited:

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I have both the mini now and the IPad 3. My initial thought is that the bigger form factor is still more useful. The mini is fun and beautiful but I have found typing more arduous. I would say I need my bigger IPad and couldn't live without it, but this may not prove to be the case with my mini. Although I still love both devices! My early morning commute will certainly be enriched my the mini. Tough choice yes but I would pick the device that will prove the least frustrating, which at the minute is the bigger IPad, despite its extra weight, for me.

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the postings. I also was going to get the 4G but we (the wife and I) decided that we would turn the 4G on only on vacation....for instance in August, So I am paying 100 bux for
something I am not going to use often, so I think the better use of the 100 bux is to get the 32 gig.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got the wifi because I have a 4G VzW MiFi. Plus if I need to be online I could always use my phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2