I have the iPad 3, is there any point whatsoever for me to get the 4?

BuhdeeBoy

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
So I preordered the iPad 3 and it hit my door step on release day earlier this year and I love it. I haven't found anything that requires more speed than the A5X so what's the point of the upgrade? I guess we have the A6X chip, HD FaceTime, and the lightning port which has no true advantages over the 30 pin except for it's reversible. Is there anybody that can say how the upgrade is worth the money and not just an unnecessary half step up?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I preordered the iPad 3 and it hit my door step on release day earlier this year and I love it. I haven't found anything that requires more speed than the A5X so what's the point of the upgrade? I guess we have the A6X chip, HD FaceTime, and the lightning port which has no true advantages over the 30 pin except for it's reversible. Is there anybody that can say how the upgrade is worth the money and not just an unnecessary half step up?

You can always find someone to say that it is a worthy upgrade, especially when specs are concerned, however, the real questions you should ask yourself are these: Am I satisfied with my iPad 3? Does my iPad 3 suit my needs? Is my interest in the 4th generation iPad based on the fact that it is the newest iPad or is it based on it being able to satisfy my user experience that is not being satisfied with my iPad 3?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you want to keep your cables all the same and you are using an iPhone5, plus you have the extra money then get it. I dont see much other than that to upgrade. I have not seen any "slowness" with the iPad3. Of course I am saying that now before the iPad4 is in my hands. Once I am using that I bet the I will feel like the iPad3 was slow LOL.

My recommendation is not to though unless you have the extra $$$. I am getting one for work to test the new hardware, but if it was not for that my iPad3 would stay my main device.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Unless you have a overwhelming desire for all the cables to match.. don't. Save the money for the iPad 5/mini retina/ mini or iPhone 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro