Will you be getting a iPad Mini?

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering an iPad mini...I don't currently have an iPad though. It will depend in price...I find the current iPad to be too big for regular use.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i'm debating the same thing... not because i think the mini is 'better' than the 3... but i'm thinking I'd maybe use it more (since it's smaller, I'd bring it with me more often)... but I'm not sure

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
i'm debating the same thing... not because i think the mini is 'better' than the 3... but i'm thinking I'd maybe use it more (since it's smaller, I'd bring it with me more often)... but I'm not sure

The iphone is the one i always have with me. The Mini would be a step down IMO. Slower, worse looking screen, etc. Perhaps a good thing for a person without any desire to have a smartphone or a kid. Or perhaps as a Kindle substitute if you aren't used to the better screens out there.

The ipad with retina was eye candy. That's why you get one. The 9.7" screen made it different enough from an iphone. I'm not sure I buy the "tablet" class apps arguments raised on the front page. I consider ALL of them mobile apps. Lots of times I prefer the ones on iphone to ipad counterparts.

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
At first I didn't think I would due yo lack of retina but after the keynote I decided to get one. It's so light and perfect for on the go. I usually leave my iPad home cuz it's big and heavy--doesn't fit in my purse. I definitely prefer iPad apps to iPhone apps so this will be awesome! Come on Friday!

Reefrf

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a first Generation Ipad so I will be getting a Mini. If I don't like it I'll return it for a fourth generation.

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else made the jump from the 3 to a mini? I just purchased a 64 gb iPad 3 from Craigslist for 450! But I tried the mini today at my local Apple store and its just so tempting. Smaller, A LOT more portable.
Thinking I could sell this and make a bit of profit.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I have both. The mini is great but no replacement for the ergonomic design of the bigger IPad. I think Steve Jobs really did get it right on the size of the original IPad. It's easier to create content on the bigger IPad - I am finding it difficult to find a decent typing position on the mini. However, I will find the mini great for reading on the train (the lack of retina is no big deal as the mini screen is good enough).

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I went to the apple store today and saw it for the first time. I love how the black one looks and can't wait to get one. It'll be perfect for my 3 year old son.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have both the mini and the iPad 4 and I will use the next week or so to decide which one I will keep. There are advantages/disadvantages to both.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Got a mini and despite the lower res screen I'm really loving the mini's form factor I don't miss the iPad 3 I sold last week on eBay.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to hang on to my 3. If anything, I figure the next gen will be worth a look. Guessing the mini will likely have a retina display at that point, and the 5 will have the new design aesthetic and hopefully 2 speakers.

Reefrf

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to hang on to my 3. If anything, I figure the next gen will be worth a look. Guessing the mini will likely have a retina display at that point, and the 5 will have the new design aesthetic and hopefully 2 speakers.

I think 2013 will be all about the overhaul of the IOS.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the one or two iPad minis for my wife and I and if one should be on Verizon or just get both with WiFi. Either way I am selling my iPad 3 I got in July and strongly considering that route. For the price point of the mini vs the iPod Touch (retina or not) my wife is looking at the iPad mini and for her its not something she would upgrade often so waiting for a newer model isn't as critical for her.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal