iMessage

cindylouie

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Why can't I send an iMessage from my iPad? I've done all the set up, turned on and off iMessage, etc. The iphone I'm trying to text to is on a month to month through Rogers because we're from out of country. He's using a local SIM card. I'm using wifi on my ipad (i dont gave 3G) Does the other party need to have Internet access other than wifi?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why can't I send an iMessage from my iPad? I've done all the set up, turned on and off iMessage, etc. The iphone I'm trying to text to is on a month to month through Rogers because we're from out of country. He's using a local SIM card. I'm using wifi on my ipad (i dont gave 3G) Does the other party need to have Internet access other than wifi?

Does the recipient have iMessage and have it enabled? Yes, the recipient must be able to send & receive data, whether via Wi-Fi or 3G.

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
So you are using WiFi and he is using a Rogers data plan? If so then it should work. Make sure he has it turned on. As long as your phone can send/receive data you can use iMessage.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2