Thinking of getting an iPad.

Roustermiller

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
If you have the iPad 2 then don't upgrade but if you don't have an iPad or have the iPad 1 it's time to get the iPad 3 I got mine 3 weeks ago and I'm I'm so glad I did now I just have to get one for my wife lol

KenL

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
iPad Decision

One thing to consider with the purchase of your next iPad is that only the models that support a cellular connection also include GPS functionality. While this might not be a major consideration with the current operating system, given that the next, OS 6, will include Apple's version of maps and built-in turn-by-turn directions it might be worth it. Plus with the WiFi+Cellular model you'll always have the option to sign up for just a short term (one month) data access contract if you need it while traveling.

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I currently don't own an iPad, I do have an iPhone 4S and I won't need GPS functionality.

The first thought that came to mind when you read this is... "you say that now" :) Later you might wish that it had a GPS. Models that support a cellular connection also don't limit you to WiFi so you can use it anywhere that you have a connection.

As for it being worth it, depends what your going to use it for. I don't think I've talk to or read any posts from someone that has one that doesn't appreciate it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to a nearby Best Buy or other store that carries the iPad and play with both the new iPad and the iPad 2 for about 15 minutes or so. Afterwards, you may know if buying one is feasible or not. Questions to ask yourself:

1. Will I actually use it after the newness wears off?
2. When I'm at home, will I use it more than my iPhone to surf the web, check email, etcetera?
3. Do I have at least $400 to spare for it?

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Go to a nearby Best Buy or other store that carries the iPad and play with both the new iPad and the iPad 2 for about 15 minutes or so. Afterwards, you may know if buying one is feasible or not. Questions to ask yourself:

1. Will I actually use it after the newness wears off?
2. When I'm at home, will I use it more than my iPhone to surf the web, check email, etcetera?
3. Do I have at least $400 to spare for it?

I've asked myself some of these questions.

1 Yes. I use Motion-X map program on my iPhone (works great!). It would be nice to use this on an iPad. Plus there are things that I can use this for when I'm not at home. Not really practical or as easy to do on the phone. Also, my kids have a LeapPad. Games cost $25.00+ each. iPad games are free, 99 cents or a few dollars. Plus with Apple TV, they can play them on the big screen. Oh yeah, DirecTV Anywhere is available for this. Not for the iPhone yet.

2 Yes again. I'm on my phone a lot when I'm not on my desktop. The iPad will get most of the use while at home.

3 No, but my new Barclay's card with 6 months no interest will take care of that. Instant gratification!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've asked myself some of these questions.

1 Yes. I use Motion-X map program on my iPhone (works great!). It would be nice to use this on an iPad. Plus there are things that I can use this for when I'm not at home. Not really practical or as easy to do on the phone. Also, my kids have a LeapPad. Games cost $25.00+ each. iPad games are free, 99 cents or a few dollars. Plus with Apple TV, they can play them on the big screen. Oh yeah, DirecTV Anywhere is available for this. Not for the iPhone yet.

2 Yes again. I'm on my phone a lot when I'm not on my desktop. The iPad will get most of the use while at home.

3 No, but my new Barclay's card with 6 months no interest will take care of that. Instant gratification!

Enjoy your new iPad, my friend. ;)

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I changed my mind. I won't get an iPad. Instead I'll pony up the extra cash and get a MacBook pro as I've wanted one for some time now.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had all the iPhones, currently the 4S. The new iPad is my all time favorite iDevice. I love this thing. :cool:

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The New iPad (iPad 3) is by far the best piece of technology I've ever bought hands down! I haven't touched my laptop since I bought it. Everything I want to do, I can do with the iPad. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods