iPad 3 or wait

Rival Clown

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Well this time last year I was going to get the iPad 2 but then i found rumors of the new iPad so I waited till march to get the new iPad and it was the best purchase I ever made. So if I were you, I'd wait it out, specially with the rumoured iPad mini and new dock connector and stuff.

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally form a hardware point of view. Their is not much more you can do with an iPad 3. Just keep the software updated.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I can't wait. What do you think of the rumor about the mini coming out in October and Apple's Sept 12 event being ONLY iPhone with a separate event for the mini later on?

It makes a lot of sense. The iphone is easily the most valuable product in the world as well as to Apple. Apple should focus the event on it.

And yet, you don't want to lose the opportunity to market a new iOS version with ipad. One month later could work but it's not the same. This is a time the ipad receives a lot of software enhancements and a refresh (or other new hardware like the mini) brings that home and generates new reviews

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I can't wait. What do you think of the rumor about the mini coming out in October and Apple's Sept 12 event being ONLY iPhone with a separate event for the mini later on?

If that's the case Apple has made changes from what was originally planned. Stay tuned, iMore I'm sure is digging.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I hope with the next iteration of 9.7 iPads they increase the storage size.....:rolleyes:

I haven't got an idea of what exactly is changing but I'm not so sure more storage would be one of them. With more and more things moving to the cloud these days it will be interesting what approach Apple takes.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't got an idea of what exactly is changing but I'm not so sure more storage would be one of them. With more and more things moving to the cloud these days it will be interesting what approach Apple takes.

True, but even still it would be nice to increase the storage size. With apps, books and videos exceeding 1GB, 16GB would definitely be not enough. Hell i'm almost blasting through my 64GB iPad. Give me a 128GB or something option, with the retina display and new dock connector and i'm happy. :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
True, but even still it would be nice to increase the storage size. With apps, books and videos exceeding 1GB, 16GB would definitely be not enough. Hell i'm almost blasting through my 64GB iPad. Give me a 128GB or something option, with the retina display and new dock connector and i'm happy. :)

Could happen. Very possible.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
iPad 3 9.7inch is Better than 7.7 ! So buy an iPad now and not after that you are going to wait for the iPad 4 !

Who said the 9.7" iPad is better than the 7.7" iPad? As far as the screen size goes, it's all a matter of preference.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Who said the 9.7" iPad is better than the 7.7" iPad? As far as the screen size goes, it's all a matter of preference.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Now if only the device makers thought this. I'd consider a smaller screen but only if it too is well built, sports a high res screen, and is up to par on internals such as processor and storage. But nope, we hear 8gb constantly mentioned.

If Apple cuts across the board though on specs, it won't hold much interest for me. But it'd be more suitable for the kids or the mainstream public who doesn't care.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Saw on CNET's AppleByte that they are going to refresh the current iPad 3 this fall to have the new dock connector. If this is true, anyone looking to get a new iPad may want to wait until then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Saw on CNET's AppleByte that they are going to refresh the current iPad 3 this fall to have the new dock connector. If this is true, anyone looking to get a new iPad may want to wait until then.

It'll be called the new iPad v.2.0. Remember to ask for it by name.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

I saw that. I also read about it again this morning on a couple of others sites. All the more reason to hold off...