10" or 7" iPad. What would you rather have?

10" or 7". What do you prefer?

• 10" Go big or go home.

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • 7" I just want compact.

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters

Jay_B_II

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The main reason I left iPad for Samsung earlier this year was size. I wanted something that felt comfortable to hold and carry around and their 8.9 inched worked perfectly. Only problem was my most used apps didn't work the same on android so I came back to iPad. The second they release the 7 inched my iPad will be on eBay and I'll be ordering it no doubt about it.

Oldazruz

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna stick with the 9.7inch screen as I mainly use it at home and it took me all my time to get the new ipad anyways lol will be getting iPod touch for all my outdoor needs. Don't think the 7inch is as portable as people make out anyways. I had the 7inch bb playbook and it felt awkward and clumsy in my pocket.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna stick with the 9.7inch screen as I mainly use it at home and it took me all my time to get the new ipad anyways lol will be getting iPod touch for all my outdoor needs. Don't think the 7inch is as portable as people make out anyways. I had the 7inch bb playbook and it felt awkward and clumsy in my pocket.

I have a similar thought. These thing cost so much money, if I were to invest in an iPad, it would definitely be a full size one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PUBLICFARLEY

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Need small form factor but with big tablet features

Yup. I just want compact.

My biggest worry, however, with the launch of the iPad Air is that Apple will conflate "budget price" with "small form factor". Yes it would be nice to have both. But, for me, not at the expense of some key features.

Notice how the Nexus 7 got to $199. Low storage, Wi-Fi only, no rear camera, etc.

In contrast, I would love if Apple offered a no-frills 7" for those that want the lowest possible priced entry point. That would be great.

But what I really want offered for myself, in addition, is a higher specd 7" (7.85 to be exact) with Retina display, at least 3G networking, 10 hr. battery life, rear camera, 32 or 64 GB, etc.

Essentially I want to replace my iPad 3 with a smaller form factor version. But I absolutley don't want to loose all of iPad 3's great features to get there.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Awesome to see the poll so close at this time. Shows there is a market for Apple on both. Should be a hit if it gets released.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I honestly am looking forward to the 7 inch iPad size wise if it's anything like the Nexus 7 and the Kindle fire it would be a perfect fit especially seeing that it some cases it seems like the 10 somewhat hefty but that's just me.

Ravanelli

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I spent a lot of time to make a decision which one to buy, New iPad or wait for iPad mini. But iPad mini rumored to be wifi only, that's absolutely a deal-breaker to me!!
Then I end up buying a New iPad, and love it very much!!!
Screen is gorgeous!!!!

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
When I first heard that apple was going to make a tablet, I was hoping for the 7" size. I was disappointed when they went with a larger screen, but still bought one. I do love my iPad, but I still plan on buying a 7" Mini. If the specs are right, I will probably buy one with the largest amount of storage and sell my AT&T 32GB iPad. If the specs aren't exactly what I want, I'll still buy one, but it will be the one with the smallest amount of storage and just wi-fi, and use it mainly for reading.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering how this poll would have gone if the choice was a 10" retina iPad versus a 7" non retina iPad mini.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: 10" or 7" iPad. What would you rather have?

I wouldn't mind a mini iPad but am concerned about note taking on a smaller screen. I mainly use my iPad for taking notes in class or typing papers when I'm not around my computer. How do you think note taking would be on a smaller screen? I'm talking about typing not using a stylus.

---------- Post Merged at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I wouldn't mind a mini iPad but am concerned about note taking on a smaller screen. I mainly use my iPad for taking notes in class or typing papers when I'm not around my computer. How do you think note taking would be on a smaller screen? I'm talking about typing not using a stylus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen