iOS 6 iPad 1

Iwantiphone5

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I have an iPad 1st gen and it is the best idevice I have ever had... So why would apple drop iOS 6 on iPad.... I thought maybe cause they arent selling it anymore. But so many people have it. Should I get a new one??

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Theoretically iPad 1 should be able to run iOS6 because it has the A4 chip as the iPhone 4 and full 1GHZ and not underclocked like the 4. It has the same amount of RAM as the 3GS, 256MB. Yet the 3GS is iOS 6 ready and the iPad 1 is not. It makes no sense. I mean they can strip it a little bit and make it work just like they are doing with the 3GS and the 4. I have an iPad 1 32GB and i feel that it has done the job and is well enough to handle one more new iOS upgrade before officially calling it quits. Who knows, maybe Apple will see that the OG iPad has a chance for one last Hurrah.

jimbo897

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The iPad 1 barely has enough RAM to run LinkedIn without crashing; I think that while the hardware may technically work, Apple is firewalling older devices to ensure users receive the best possible experience.

They don't want people talking about OS6 the way people view $99.00 Android devices trying to run Ice Cream Sandwich. It's just a sub-par experience.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPad 1 barely has enough RAM to run LinkedIn without crashing; I think that while the hardware may technically work, Apple is firewalling older devices to ensure users receive the best possible experience.

They don't want people talking about OS6 the way people view $99.00 Android devices trying to run Ice Cream Sandwich. It's just a sub-par experience.

I agree with this 100 percent. It is the price we pay as consumers to know that the devices that we own run well. If you want the newest operating system, then you are going to have to upgrade your hardware. Me personally, I don't mind upgrading my hardware every two years to stay current. But if for some reason I can't, I know that I will be stuck on the current operating system, but my device will continue to run smoothly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kdfisch

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1st gen iPad and wanted to delete a previous email address that comes up as an option in auto fill. the person is no longer in my contacts. I had seen a link on how to fix this but when I registered to become an imore user I could no longer find the link. I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a 1st gen iPad and wanted to delete a previous email address that comes up as an option in auto fill. the person is no longer in my contacts. I had seen a link on how to fix this but when I registered to become an imore user I could no longer find the link. I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

Create a new mail message.

Start typing in the address of the person. When it shows up in the selection list, you can expand it with the blue arrow on the right and select Delete From Recent

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The 3GS could support iOS 6 because it has a much lower screen resolution than the iPad 1st gen. A 430*320p display is going to use less RAM than a 1024*768p display.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The bottom line is with a measly 256MB RAM, it's just not going to cut it. Apple looks at experience first. If may/may in theory, be able to run iOS 6, but if the experience sucks, they will not allow it.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The bottom line is with a measly 256MB RAM, it's just not going to cut it. Apple looks at experience first. If may/may in theory, be able to run iOS 6, but if the experience sucks, they will not allow it.

That makes the most sense, thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73