Trying to upload a pic from "camera roll" causes app to crash

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My new iPad seems to be having a issue with upload pics from the camera roll. If I try to upload a picture from Facebook, Tweetbot, Twitter for iPad, and ect then the app will crash as soon as I select the camera roll. If I upload a picture from photo stream, it is fine. My iPad will work fine for one day and then the next day it goes bad again. I "restored as new" and boom next day I am having this issue again. This issue existed for me on iOS 5.1 and 5.1.1.

Anybody else experience this? Did not know if this was a known software bug or not. Think I am heading to the genius bar this evening for a diagnostic.

Chop

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same experience, most notably since iOS 5.1, uploading photos. I'm guessing it's iOS-related, as my wife has the same issue with hers.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Garz, did Apple fix this issue for you? I had the same thing happen, but it only crashed when I was trying to upload pics from my camera roll using the Tapatalk HD app. A recent update has finally resolved it for me.

Sent from my 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD.

mtepsic

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I've had this issue for a while, and both the Facebook app and Messenger would crash instantly when trying to add a photo or video. I noticed that only the camera roll photos where showing up, so I theorized that it was choking on loading the album names (I have a lot). I went back into my iTunes sync settings for the iPhone and I only selected a subset of albums instead of all them, including all Events. I still have all photos (nearly 20k) synced, but only a handful of albums now. The issue has completely gone away from both the Facebook and Messenger apps. I hope this helps others as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative