How do I stream, not download?

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
How can I stream video purchases on my iPad like I do with them on Apple TV? I don't want to necessarily download an entire TV episode or movie to the iPad, I just want to stream it to watch instantly like I can with my Apple TV now when I have a wi-fi connection. Is this possible?

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
No it is not possible

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I figured it wasn't...I don't like how iTunes wants to load the TV episodes after I purchased an entire season. I don't want or need the episodes all downloaded to my laptop. I might consider purchasing from Amazon Instant Video since you have the option to stream or download with a Kindle Fire or watch on your laptop.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I see what you mean .. ITunes has not got into streaming I guess like others have it more buy and download cuz its yours lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You've just given yourself a good reason to get Hulu Plus. Stream what you want when you want it.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
They need to add a feature that allows you to stream movies/shows from your iTunes library to your iDevices. That way I can watch the extended cut HD Lord of the Rings movies on my 8GB iPhone. XD
However, being able to stream doesn't really benefit Apple, since you would have less of a reason to get the higher GB models of their devices.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You've just given yourself a good reason to get Hulu Plus. Stream what you want when you want it.

Other than the most recent season, I found Netflix to be the better option, it has more past seasons and more shows PLUS movies, where hulu trumps them is the current season of shows, netflix never has them. If you have the bucks get both, but given the choice I went with netflix. HOWEVER like I said you lose the current season, and sometimes even one prior.

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
How can I stream video purchases on my iPad like I do with them on Apple TV? I don't want to necessarily download an entire TV episode or movie to the iPad, I just want to stream it to watch instantly like I can with my Apple TV now when I have a wi-fi connection. Is this possible?

YES IT IS POSSIBLE!!!! I use the photon app. Open up the app, search for your video website from there. Top right corner is a lightening-bolt icon. Tap that to engage the flash. Next to it is an icon for adjusting bandwidth to smooth out the streaming.
I use it to watch streaming from project free tv.com. It's NOT as smooth as the Adobe flash player, but it does the trick if you really want to watch something!

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
They need to add a feature that allows you to stream movies/shows from your iTunes library to your iDevices. That way I can watch the extended cut HD Lord of the Rings movies on my 8GB iPhone. XD
However, being able to stream doesn't really benefit Apple, since you would have less of a reason to get the higher GB models of their devices.

That's the reason why they haven't allowed streaming of your iTunes content. If they did, no one would need the higher capacity iPhones or iPads.

Sharon Tzur

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
You can in a limited way...you can steam through a home wifi network. Download movie to desktop or laptop computer (you can configure itunes to download to an external drive to save space on hard disk.) enable home sharing on the computer (in itunes) and on your ipad ( in settings). When connected to your home wifi, you can stream movies to ipad. I just learned how to do this...found detailed instructions on Internet at Ilounge.com. It's slow to load, but runs beautifully. I steamed a rented movie and now lotr in HD. Fantastic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW