How do you use your iPad to make your life easier/convinient

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
We have 2 iphone 4S's, and we are pondering if we should buy an iPad. I've never handled an iPad except at Best Buy, and at a glance it looks like a giant iPhone or iPod Touch, but realize that there is probably much more to it than I can see.

Can you guys give me examples on how you are making them most out of your iPad? What's so great about the iPad (besides the bigger screen) when you have an iPhone 4S? BTW, we are not gamers so graphics aren't a big deal. Who's got both?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I bought my wife a laptop for Christmas and she hasn't turned on her laptop since.
Gmail
Google Reader
Google Docs
Picasa
Games
And general web stuff.

Since getting my iPad, probably 80% of my reading and web stuff done on my iPad.
I do all of the things my wife does as well on my iPad.

My windows laptop is mostly used for investment stuff (charts that require Jav Applets) so basically using it as a monitor for viewing mostly.

What a PIA to use our laptops.

Couldn't do without my iPhone 4S but life is soo much better since I added the iPad2 to the mix.

Good Luck

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Same as stated above I would say I use my actual pc like 2 or 3 times a month maybe for syncing movies or music other than that everything else is iPad

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

glidem

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I also doubted whether investing in an iPad was the right decision as I had an iPhone. Once I took the plunge though, it is just a nicer experience overall. Yes, in many ways it is a larger screen iPhone - although that has the added advantage of you already know how the basics of the operating system work.

In many ways, the iPad has taken the place of my notebook for the usual things we browse the web for, checking email etc. Also, playing games is a delightful experience on a much larger screen. I love point and click adventures and there are plenty of those available on the iPad to enjoy.

I would certainly recommend the new iPad over the iPad 2 for the screen resolution if it's something you yourself are going to use a lot, but if its more of a family device maybe the 2 is the better fit especially if children are involved as the retina display is a thing of beauty therefore you might not be willing to share :).

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I also doubted whether investing in an iPad was the right decision as I had an iPhone. Once I took the plunge though, it is just a nicer experience overall. Yes, in many ways it is a larger screen iPhone - although that has the added advantage of you already know how the basics of the operating system work.

In many ways, the iPad has taken the place of my notebook for the usual things we browse the web for, checking email etc. Also, playing games is a delightful experience on a much larger screen. I love point and click adventures and there are plenty of those available on the iPad to enjoy.

I would certainly recommend the new iPad over the iPad 2 for the screen resolution if it's something you yourself are going to use a lot, but if its more of a family device maybe the 2 is the better fit especially if children are involved as the retina display is a thing of beauty therefore you might not be willing to share :).

You are spot-on with your assessment, my friend. ;) Well stated!

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Today I went to Micro Center and bought an iPad 2. I chose the iPad 2 because they had a killer deal ($360). The retina display on the new iPad was nice, but it is really not an option that I required because I will not be shooting any video or photos with the iPad. The LTE option was nice but I am going to use the iPad Wi-Fi only so it doesn't really matter if it's LTE.

We are thinking of using the iPad for cooking, as in looking up recipes and having them at the ready over by the kitchen without the bulk of a laptop. Also be using it for a lot of web surfing (especially laying in bed), and maybe some light music playing. We also bought it so we can put some apps on there that my two-year-old can use, some educational games or something.

That's all I can think of off top of my head, maybe we will watch some videos on that later on, I don't know, but it is not in the works. We have the photo stream on the iPad, so it's nice to see all the pictures that we take with our iPhones on the iPad. The retina display would have been good in this aspect, but like I said not a real requirement and cannot justify spending the extra money for it.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had an iPad2 since October and have been migrating as much of my business work over to it as possible, replacing (from a daily mobile POV) my netbook.

I'm firmly convinced Apple never envisioned the iOS or the iPad to be as useful as it has become to many and granted, much of the success I've enjoyed so far has more to do with the creativity of 3rd Party developers rather than the iOS's built-in apps (for example, could Mail be any more business-unfriendly with no ability to add attachments?) or the apps Apple has produced for it thus far.

Its still a work-in-progress, but I hope to be able to take my iPad as my primary (and only) computing device for a month of work away from home, starting next month. A complete experiment. I will be relying on my Dropbox and programs like Doc2 for word processing and syncing with my Yahoo Calendar and Address Book.

And yes, I will also have some news apps, my pics, some vids and several ebooks loaded up for fun, too. Just like on my netbook.

sonyscaria

May 7, 2012
Visit site
its almost a PC replacement, except for high end work. I use my laptop only on weekends. My ipad is always on and i am addicted. I sleep with my ipad these days. Morning it accompanies to my bathroom. I have to read or watch morning news right from my ipad to gets things better behind closed doors.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro